midway two way radios/head set and comm with others at EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrBluedevil

Reaction score
Hello,

Was thinking about getting a two radio, saw some midways at bass pro shop and a helemt headset with a push to talk button for the bars, would this work, do not have intercom system just looking for sometihng to get by!

Radio shack used to carry some radio/headset walki-talkie things that could be easily adapted for the helmet. $50-60 I think. I don't know if they still make them.

Hello,

Was thinking about getting a two radio, saw some midways at bass pro shop and a helemt headset with a push to talk button for the bars, would this work, do not have intercom system just looking for sometihng to get by!
My family and friends use Collette helmet comunicators. Look me up at EOM and I'll show you.

https://www.collettcommunicators.com/home_main.htm
Thanks how long have you had them/been using them?

I did not see that there was a push to talk button or 2 way mentioned, am I missing something?

Radio shack used to carry some radio/headset walki-talkie things that could be easily adapted for the helmet. $50-60 I think. I don't know if they still make them.

So this is interesting, how would you communicate with other riders with the collect if they do not have it via cell phone?

I guess the same is true for all this communication stuff, you'd need to know the channel/freq they are on or no comm's

My bad. I didn't read it right I guess. I thought you were going to use it with like an SO or something. But, I don't know about the different frequencies the various products use. Could be the same ones, but I don't know.