"Mike Industries" backrest and plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, here's my observations: 1) the pad is way too far forward, 2) it looks like a similar design to what OHFJR had offered a while back when he had troubles with cracking at the bend - I'll bet that Mike eventually has troubles with his design as well unless he made it out of steel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to agree. The full sized pics suggest that it's made of steel (aluminum wouldn't be so pock-marked). However, I'm not thrilled with the choice of fasteners, nor am I in love with the sharp, pointy lead edges. I was just curious what actual owners might think.

I was looking at those the other day and wondered about them. Trying to think of ways to make the SO happy on rides. Might just break down and buy a Givi with a backrest.

Andre, did you know that garauld actually makes some?

Uhhh..... Yup.
FWIW, I own a Garauld backrest and neither the wife or I could be any happier with it. I'm not just kissing anybody's ass here either. He's a genuinely good guy to deal with, makes a nice product, and stands behind it. I even have it on good authority that he will occasionally "tailor" his product to meet an individual's specific needs. ;) Support those who support us. I don't think he's getting rich off these...I think it's a labor of love. If you have some reason for not wanting to do business with him, I would personally suggest that you reconsider. I'd do business with him again in a heartbeat, and my backrest is the only dealings I've had with him. A good businessman and a good person.

'Nuff said.

This comment is made for the vendors that supply the FJR community with a multitude of products and choices.

I think it is safe to add to what Dangerous Dave said about Gerauld and the rest of the vendors. That they all have been top notched. down right honest business people and I would not hesitate to do bussiness with any of them..

Isn't it nice to know that there good people in this world and we have not met them personally :clapping: :clapping: