Misc. Farkle Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, again, I am going on the posse ride this summer and I was wondering what you guys prefer along the lines of luggage and baggage attachments, seats, and highway or forward control pegs, cup holders, even gps. So I would like to know what you guys prefer on your motorcycles and what you have heard good or own and like in these categories. Any information would be helpful. I bought my bike and rode it back from Indiana to Texas and that was fine but this is going to be a much longer ride (about a month ride) so please leave me some feedback so I can get an idea of good farkles for my fjr. Thanks again.

~Taylor :aarock:

Our opinions are like the assholes some of us are, We all have one. The search function is your best hope. :lol:

After years of trying this and that, here's what I'm using now from your list of categories:

A lot of FJR pilots love their Givi top boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
For hard luggage, you should look at Givi V46 and E52.

For GPS, make sure you get one that does not have a hard drive. Also, water proof is important. Garmin is the most common brand I see on motorcycles. If you plan on sharing routes with other riders for group rides and rallies you want the same brand the other riders use. If you're frugal like me you may be able to get a GArmin SP2730 or SP2720 ( I have the 2720) at a closeout price since they have been discontinued.

CUPHOLDERS?! You are kidding, right?
I did see an FJR with a home made cupholder at EOM 2006. The owner sid he used it to carry his coffee during his morning commute, but didn't actually drink it until he got to work.

Thanks to all of you for your replies, Tcfjr Thanks for thoes links they were very helpful. Geezer thanks for your input ill give the givi a look and you hit the cup holder comment right on the head thanks. Wow lots of replies quick this is a great site I can tell already.

For hard luggage, you should look at Givi V46 and E52.
For GPS, make sure you get one that does not have a hard drive. Also, water proof is important. Garmin is the most common brand I see on motorcycles. If you plan on sharing routes with other riders for group rides and rallies you want the same brand the other riders use. If you're frugal like me you may be able to get a GArmin SP2730 or SP2720 ( I have the 2720) at a closeout price since they have been discontinued.

CUPHOLDERS?! You are kidding, right?
I did see an FJR with a home made cupholder at EOM 2006. The owner sid he used it to carry his coffee during his morning commute, but didn't actually drink it until he got to work.
Here is the cup holder on TurboDave's 05':

IMG_1531.jpg