Mix-IT & Valentine Power/Cabling Options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
OK, I normally can work out a good solution, but I'm a little miffed here as to what the best course of action is. So I thought I'd toss this out to those that have already done it.

My Farkles are pretty plane Jane.

I have an 06...

I have a Garmin Quest mounted on the right hand throttle using a RAM mount. It's mounted using the RAM/Garmin Moto Mount, with a custom cable that I plug into my Battery Tender cable. The Garmin draws so little I like it this way. It's not switched so I don't have to press the button to keep the GPS alive either when I stop the bike or fuel up.

The cable is long enough that I can mount this on either side (right or left).

On the left I am now mounting my V1.

I was going to go with the HARD system but thought $180 was too damn much, so I went with the Mixit-2 for now.

I have a PowerLet powered tank bag that I power from the 06's power adapter in the cubby. I go out through the grommet and up to the tank bag. With this, to get gas it's simply, just lift the bag and set it aside

If I just want the V1, I could plug it into the power outlet in the cubby but then I can't see it or hear it, a sure way to get a ticket and I won't get my powered tank bag.

Now add in the Mix It.

Grrrr...

Just like when I charge my iPod, or when I have used my XM powered from my tank bag, I now have power cables from the tank bag to the bars. I really want to avoid that.

But to get the sound of the V1 into the MixIt I need to use the V1 audio adapter, so Power to it, then to V1. This adds another cable to deal with when fueling up.

Now I also need to run the audio cable from my iPod (in top map pocket) into tank bag to MixIt, and headphones into Tank Bag too.

It's going to be a mess of cables.

What is everyone else doing?

I want a clean on/off of the tank bag for refueling, and on/off of gadgets.

ideas?

-MD

On the Shelf:

Direct (switched) power to the audio-adapter then the V1

Direct (unswitched) power to the GPS

The leads come up from the removable nosecone panel under the windshield and along one of the legs of the shelf to each of the devices.

In the powered Tank Bag (via a front powerlet in panel D)

MixIt

Sirius Receiver

Phone charger

etc.

There's a cable from the V1 audio to the MixIt (in the bag).

There's a cable from the front Powerlet to the bag (power in).

There's a cable from my ear monitors to the MixIt (audio out)

Within the tank bag all power and audi sockets/plugs (and excess wire) and controlled by being contained within a Quarter Cube mesh bag. Neatens up the contents of the tank bag.

I just flip the bag forward for fueling. I have to disconnect my ear monitors anyway, but the other wires stay connected.

When removing the tank bag, I disconnect the power to the V1 audio adapter (velcroed to the top of the V1) and put the combo of the 2 in the tank bag (not disconnecting the audio). I have a tether on the GPS, so it has to be disconnected along with the power cable before it too is stuffed in the tank bag. Total time to remove the tank bag and items when going in to the hotel is about 5 minutes or less. I usually don't worry about it unless I'm going to be away from the bike for a while. For fuel stops, it all stays on the bike.

dash01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: