Moding Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galxy5

galxy5
Reaction score
my brother was looking at my flaming beauty last night,, and was asking where the pull back risers and the moko slider bases were made,, he is one of the top guys at Roanoke Electric Steel,, a roll designer, and more,, who has been in the business for over 35 years,,

I was saying that I would like for the sliders to stick further out ,, I removed the fairing ,and he inspected them,, he said he could make them in his cnc machine,, so I am taking them off so he can mic them ,, he will be adding 1/4 inch taller to the base where the slider bolts in and protrudes throught the fairing,,

if it works out we will do a short run of them,, he also said that he would do some strengthininginging ,,(sorry)

any ideas from the learned ones??????

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like some with 1/4" or 3/8" thicker base plates. Recess the back boltholes for the bushings where they bolt to the frame, so the base plate is snug tight against the frame. You're right, the way they are, they’re too short to do any good. My bike fell over in the drive and the bottom of the panel still got scratched with the sliders. There too short for being placed that high up on the bike. Keep us posted!

I will know the cost after the research,,,

and after we turn a few out,,,,

they will have to be less than ordering from England,,waiting 7 to 10 days to get them,, we have decided that if it works out we will not offer the pucks,, those can be aquired on line,,

It's interesting how one often seems to run into just the "right" person when you have an idea whose time has come. ;) Definitely keep us posted on your results!

I might be interested in a set as well. Is it the Moko design we're talking about? Thats what I have on my bike. They have some mounting brackets that bolt to the frame then the bobbin bolts to that.

I just had a crash last week, very minor, but still scratched the hell out of my right fairing, and my right saddlebag. Wish I would have had the sliders on then. As I am definately now in the market for a set, count me in, too. Thanks.

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
B) As soon as you know. I could us e a set.

Let me know how much.

Thanks, Dan in Yucaipa Ca.