Moko's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJrider1

Reaction score
I bought a set of Moko's off a board member quite a while ago. I finally am getting around to installing them and found I am missing the 15mm thick spacers for the left side and the 5mm for the right side. Doesn't make sense I have all the parts that were sent but these. Would Ace hardware/Home depot carry these spacers?

Glad I caught this now then in the middle of the install.

The local hardware store is NOT likely to carry these parts. I would take one of thebrackets and the a bolt into the store and describe the spacer issue. Those local hardware guys are pretty handy. My local True Value could come pretty close on some custom stuff or direct me to another source. That's why they have my business.

Good luck with your adventure.

When U get your spacers, make sure that you torque the left side bracket (engine mounting bolts) first like the FSM says. Others have found that engine vibes increase if U do the right side first.

F=Factory

S=Shop

M=Manual

Later,,, De :rolleyes:

Called Wildhair, he had 3 out of the four spacers, need to order the 4th from Germany. I substituted 5 lockwashers for the left side,

(measured them out at 15mm) and 2 (5mm) for the right. Irfan at Wildhair said it will be OK temporarily but to put the spacers in when I get them.

Thanks for the help!