Monsterflow European Cut Cee Baileys

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR&R

Reaction score
Excerpt from the Cee Baileys web site:

Our latest shield for the FJR, is our#5 Monsterflow windshield. This windshield has one of the best coverage areas of any aftermarket shield. The windshields are manufactured from aircraft grade acrylic, are D.O.T. approved and are .187 in thickness. The shield follows the contour characteristics of the OEM Yamaha windshield, but greatly enhances the total area for great rider and passenger comfort. Touring riders will especially appreciate the size and air deflection of the shield. Most riders will not have to toggle the shield up more than halfway to get the protection they desire.

Available in various heights, and one width in the standard domed (convex) top, and the optional “euro cut” which displaces the air more from the outer shoulder area. The “euro” cut has more material at the extreme right and left corners, which helps quiet the noise signature and lessens the outer shoulder turbulence. The height is measured from the bottom mounting screw hole, to the top dead center on both shields.

Pillion perspective would be really great in addition to any first hand experience with this shield. -Thanx

For reference, my 05 Cee Bailey +4+4 is 20" from center screw to top of shield, and 18" at the top of shield measured across the top with a Stanley metal tape measure.

Thanx Radman. So, how do you find/rate the performance? Do you have the standard contour or the flip?

I have the eurocut on my '05 abs. First tried the Yamaha larger screen with laminar lip - but I have larger shoulders, and found I was getting blown about on windy highways. The eurocut is stout, and I raise it about an inch or two for a nearly buffet free zone. If I tilt my head a bit, I am in the eye of the hurricane. Being that I raise it a bit, I almost think I should have got the regular monster flow. Oh well, I still like it alot, and it looks great. Get yours through Gary McCoy at University Motors ($179 delivered to your door). BTW I am 6'1'' with a 31" inseam.

Mark

Standard contour, used with a homemade tuner. I love it, put the oe back on when it started getting hot, took it right back off. Good cooling flow down, large dead zone full up. I'm 6 even.

How is the noise level with these shields? I HATE wearing earplugs, but I don't want to go deaf either. :(

I have the eurocut on my '05 abs. First tried the Yamaha larger screen with laminar lip - but I have larger shoulders, and found I was getting blown about on windy highways. The eurocut is stout, and I raise it about an inch or two for a nearly buffet free zone. If I tilt my head a bit, I am in the eye of the hurricane. Being that I raise it a bit, I almost think I should have got the regular monster flow. Oh well, I still like it alot, and it looks great. Get yours through Gary McCoy at University Motors ($179 delivered to your door). BTW I am 6'1'' with a 31" inseam.Mark
Piccie?

Noise is low... I can hear that gear turbo wine just fine, and only wear earplugs on rides over 200 miles.

Sorry no pics here, but check out the cb website, they have pics (unmounted).

Mark

ps craig in denver,

I have a weestrom as well, and finally got the windscreen right with a CalSci tall with two spacers at the bottom. I first tried the laminar and windstrom manta, but the Cal Sci works the best.

How is the noise level with these shields? I HATE wearing earplugs, but I don't want to go deaf either.
Vewy, vewy qwiet.....

elmerfu2.jpg

Essence of the tuner, from PM sent to FJR&R--

If you remove the windshield, you will see the bracket it mounts to. Remove that by unscrewing the two tapered seat allen head screws at the base. These are the two screws that need to be replaced with longer ones. The "tuner" involves a spacer between the bracket held on by those two screws and the motor bracket below it. In my case, I just used a couple 3/8 nuts between the two. Do not use nylon or plastic-it deforms under the extreme pressure. Get it apart and all will become clear. Adding the spacers tilts the shield back regardless of position-fully erect the shield still has some abgle to it rather than being fully vertical. This is what makes it work. It moves the buffeting back behind you, also allows over the top vision even at full height. Clear now?