More Exhaust Ideas ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster675

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't bought one yet .... already planning out my pre-purchase Budget-O-Mods ...

Anybody run different cans (other than stock) with the Holeshot Header ?

Details ?

What PCIII did you use ?

Ground Clearance ?

Luggage Clearance ?

Thanks All !

... soon to be FJR rider ....

IIRC, there have been some problems with slipons other than "Holeshot-to-Holeshot". Punch Holeshot into the "search" and look for yourself.

No luggage or ground clearance issues with Holeshot that I remember reading.

If you are going Muzzy, Click this link! IIRC, the guys who have aftermarket shocks and add some preload haven't had issues, but do your own homework.

Searched, scanned, read LOTS of posts.

... easy one is holeshot +header +slip (on)

Haven't seen any successful "plug and play" installations of the Header with anything other than the stock can.

- still looking for info on any SUCCESSFUL plug and play combinations other than stock or Holeshot cans.

Again:

Anybody running different cans (other than stock) with the Holeshot Header ?

Details ?

What PCIII did you use ?

Ground Clearance ?

Luggage Clearance ?

Thanks Again !

What PCIII did you use ?
Link discussing using Dale's PCIII program, as does feejer/weejer man.

There are members here who run many different programs with the Holeshots, from the Wally's Smoothness mapo to Dale's to the PCIII "fuel Pump" map. Depends on what you're after, mileage power, acceleration, ????

Anybody run different cans (other than stock) with the Holeshot Header ?
Link discussing "other" cans/mufflers

Post #38:

The collector pipe diameter of the Holeshot header is larger than the production FRJ exhaust system collector. The OEM cans will slip onto the Holeshot heater by removing the OEM exhaust gaskets and using the cans metal-to-metal on the Holeshot header. Same for the Staintunes. The Staintunes are sized to fit the stock OEM FJR heater using the stock seals so by eliminting the stock seals the Staintunes will mate perfectly to the Holeshot header metal-to-metal. I have Staintune cans on my Holeshot pipe and they fit perfectly. Obviously the Holehot cans would fit but must of the other aftermarket cans will not fit the Holeshot header from what as been reported on the forum previously. You could verify by checking with the muffler manufacturer and see if they fit the OEM FRJ heater collector using the OEM muffler seals. If they do then they would likely fit the Holeshot by removing the seals. Most of the aftermarket mufflers people have tried on the FJR are made to fit the OEM collector metal-to-metal with no seals so they are then too small for the Holeshot header.
Luggage Clearance: I've only been around here a short time, but nobody has ever reported issues of luggage clearance. Holeshots and most other aftermarket slipons, being smaller in diameter, actually give MORE clearance as well as weight savings.

My Holeshots are 3 7/8" O.D. compared to the 4 3/4" OEM mufflers.

Ground Clearance: Same as above. The decreased muffler/slip-on diameter actually increases the ground clearance. Other hard parts will complain before the mufflers do (Pegs, center stand, etc.). There have been no reports of the Dale Walker system grinding as the Muzzy has been reported to do, and even can be ameliorated by an aftermarket shock.

YMMV.

AND there are plenty more postings which you can find by going to "Google", type in "Holeshot site:fjrforum.com" (Yes, you need the space between "holeshot" and "site".) Happy reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You Mike(?)

That covers everything.

See you on the road.

You'll hear me long before you see me ...... <_<