More, what is it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodtime

Reaction score
While replacing the battery on my new to me 03 this weekend I came upon the following terminal that was wired directly to the battery. Previously I had posted pics of telephone style jack terminals that are on this same bike. Some said either Starcom or radar detector. What does this one look like? I wish the previous owners would have either left eveything on it or taken "everything" off of it.

FJRterminal.jpg

If I didn't know better, that appears to be a fuseholder. If you give it a half twist, does it come apart? If so, that's some kind of 12 Volt power feed, likely to that accessory that had the telephone jacks??? Probe it with a voltmeter, and wrap it with tape if you don't plan on using it right away.

If I didn't know better, that appears to be a fuseholder. If you give it a half twist, does it come apart? If so, that's some kind of 12 Volt power feed, likely to that accessory that had the telephone jacks??? Probe it with a voltmeter, and wrap it with tape if you don't plan on using it right away.
Yep, that's what it looks like to me. Looks like somebody pulled the 'out' wire right out of it while stealing the device it was powering.

I don't know if this will help or not, but Valentine Radar detectors use a standard phone cord for power and audio. So that might be what it was for?