Morgan Carbtune II- Backorder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabba

Reaction score
Anybody know an alternate source for Carbtunes??? Cal Sport Touring says late august!~ I'd like to get this bike sorted now- not late august! Any alternate sources out there- Canada?? Direct from England?? Anybody got any ideas?

Direct from England?? Anybody got any ideas?
I bought mine direct from England. Arrived in California in about a week and the purchase amount was below the threshold of the US Custom's radar. The world's getting smaller all the time, so don't limit your shopping to this hemisphere. :) Cheers!

No mercury in this one- it uses steel rods suspended in the tubes instead. One reason I want this particular unit.

Anybody know an alternate source for Carbtunes??? Cal Sport Touring says late august!~ I'd like to get this bike sorted now- not late august! Any alternate sources out there- Canada?? Direct from England?? Anybody got any ideas?
Check this out - Its JCwhitney's web site and they have four individual gauges - not sure if this is what you had in mind ??

https://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/StoreCa...c-10101/s-10101

and search for part number # CAL888813

:)

Well Jabba, if you feel like heading 3 hrs north to northern NJ I could ablige you.

I have one here, and you have plenty of room to do the job here.

Just throwin' the offer out there for ya.

cycle parts has the motion pro unit for 109.

less a 10 coupon for some contest...

plus, the guy threw in a new clear shoie shield and breath guard for free, saying it was 'promo' stuff from shoie...

i felt i got a deal...

Last edited by a moderator:

Well Jabba, if you feel like heading 3 hrs north to northern NJ I could ablige you.

I have one here, and you have plenty of room to do the job here.

Just throwin' the offer out there for ya.

Thanks man- I'll keep it in mind. I'm doing one change at a time and living with it to see the results- so far it's running better, so I'm on hold for the CarbTune. Now we're looking at Sept delivery according to Cal Sporttouring. :angry2:

IIRC I payed about $60 for my Motion Pro (economy model) a few years ago. I just ordered some extra mercury for my MotionPro mercury sticks toward the first of the week. It arrived yesterday. No need for it yet. Just want to keep it around to piss of EPA and the Granolla Crunchers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got no environmental motivations- I just don't wanna go to use a mercury balancer some day and find that I've gotta track down additional mercury before I can tune my bike- The Carbtune seems to be a better mousetrap~ We'll see.

I just put in a direct order with Morgan- Thanks for the heads' up- Cal Sporttouring was nice enough to email me and let me know that they were backordered and that I could cancel my order if I was unwilling to wait. Looks like I'll be able to do the TBS sooner than I'd planned.