Moto Fizz Med. + Garauld Rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
Bought this set up, now I would like to know how you guys fix the Motofizz on the rack.

I would like to be able to remove ( if it is possible ) the bag at night, to ring it inside my hotel room.

Is there a way to do it, that it will be fast to remove and put back in place, and to have a secure fit for the road ?

Did you find the "X" with the plastic clips on each of the four ends? That is used to keep the four straps that you have affixed to your bike together, when the bag is off. As far as how to set it up on a Garauld rack, no help from me. Wife doesn't ride, so my MotoFizz sits on the pillion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you find the "X" with the plastic clips on each of the four ends? That is used to keep the four straps that you have affixed to your bike together, when the bag is off. As far as how to set it up on a Garauld rack, no help from me. Wife doesn't ride, so my MotoFizz sits on the pillion.
Ok, I was figuring how to use the bag with the X, Thanks.

For the rack, wondering if someone found a better way to do it.

Thanks

Ok, I was figuring how to use the bag with the X, Thanks.

For the rack, wondering if someone found a better way to do it.

Thanks
I use the large motofizz with a Garauld rack. The backrest for the rack is removable. I used the motofizz as directed across the rear seat but found it hung over the side bags making access difficult. I now keep the backrest off and run the motofizz longitudinally from the front of the paasnger seat back over garauld's rack. I wrap the rack in painter's tape (others use clear plastic 3M stuff but I'm too cheap) to cut down on rubbing and wear on the paint. I used to use the little X, but ended up just unsnapping the four tie down straps and let them dangle overnight (being careful not to have them touch the exhaust). Next morning I plop the bag on the bike, snap up the straps and I'm ready. I make sure lighter weight items are in the back side of the moto fizz so not too much strain is placed on the subframe, with heavier items centered over the pillion seat. I like the weight being centered on the bike's axis more when riding. YMMV. Hope that helps.

Installation done, Is there something I could put over, like a steel net when I stop to heat, to make sure no one is taking stuff in it ?

I remembered seiing something somewhere, could not find out where....

Installation done, Is there something I could put over, like a steel net when I stop to heat, to make sure no one is taking stuff in it ?

I remember seeing something like that. But frankly, I bought a cable lock and padlock to keep honest people honest -- I rarely use them. If there is something valuable, it goes in the locked cases; really portable valuable items stay on my person or come with me in the tankbag. Overnight everything comes in the motel room or sits in the tent with/near me. With the Fizz you trade size/portability/convenience for topcase security and dry, relatively expensive, and comparatively more limited storage.

Even with a steel net over the top, all anybody has to do is cut two straps, lift it up, cut the bottom and take stuff out that way -- sorry; thinking like the street punk I was growing up to be. Soft luggage at best keeps honest people honest.

Look what I found, wondering if someone try this already ????
https://www.exomesh.com/
I bought this for my large Moto but I haven't used it yet. I have a friend who swears by it for his camera gear. There were pictures on the PacSafe website from a guy showing the results of someone breaking into his car on a hiking trip and trying to remove his camera backpack wrapped in the PacSafe sitting on the rear floorboard of his car. He cabled it to the seat rail. You could tell they worked on it for some time but were unsuccessful. Anyway, that sold me.