MotoFizz quick release tankbag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Bear

Reaction score
Has anyone out there tried the MotoFizz QR tankbag and mount that Aerostich sells? The mount bolts to the screws around the fillercap and the bag mounts directly to it. No straps, no magnets. :rolleyes:

Looks pretty slick and the price isn't too bad, but I'd sure like to hear from somebody that owns one before plunking down the $$.

They make mounts for this bag for BMW's, Duc's and a number of other bikes, so in theory at least I could put a mount on the FJR and another on the Duc and just move the bag back and forth.

Anybody know anything about these? THANKS

No experience with the Fizz tank bag. They do make a real nice medium tail bag that I have though.

Take a look at the tank bags from Bag Connection as well. I've been eyeing one of these to fit on both the scoots. One tank bag and female adapter, and then each bike has its own male adapter on the filler ring. Neat concept and might save the paint. I've seen them on the Twisted Throttle web site.

--G

Has anyone out there tried the MotoFizz QR tankbag and mount that Aerostich sells? The mount bolts to the screws around the fillercap and the bag mounts directly to it. No straps, no magnets. :rolleyes: Looks pretty slick and the price isn't too bad, but I'd sure like to hear from somebody that owns one before plunking down the $$.

They make mounts for this bag for BMW's, Duc's and a number of other bikes, so in theory at least I could put a mount on the FJR and another on the Duc and just move the bag back and forth.

This won't be too much help to you but I have one of the Motofizz products, the medium tail bag. Motofizz, a Japanese company, makes very clever, high quality products. If you can't find any testimonials about the particular attachment mechanism you're interested in, I think you would probably be safe taking the risk just on the company's reputation. I suspect they've tested it thoroughly and have all the bugs worked out.

I too will not be able to help you with the tank bag but I bought both a medium and a large tail-bag. The quality if first rate and the bag is very well thought out. I am able to carry a 2.5G of gas in the large motofizz with lots of other gear. I will go check out their tank bag now. Well, they aren't cheap with the $52 release PLUS the bag but they do look very well made.

Just a note of caution-a friend bought one for his RT (don't know what brand) and found there was no forward-rear adjustment for the bag. At parking lot speed, he was hitting the bag with the bars. He didn't have this problem at road speed. Ian, Iowa

thanks for the feedback guys! I've had pretty good luck with Aerostich stuff, and it sounds like y'all have been pretty happpy with MotoFizz bags. I'm still looking pretty hard at them, though I'm also going to check out the Bag Connection noted above. The concept of not depending on straps or magnets really appeals to me. Heck, I durn near bought a new RT just 'cause of the cool tank bag mounting system! :yahoo: Fortunately common sense kicked in and I figured, what the heck, for the $6K difference in price I can buy a LOT of tankbags and assorted farkles :glare:

I'll let you know what I decide, and if I go with this bag, I'll give the group some feedback.

If anybody out there has experience with 'em I'd still like to hear from you!! THANKS!

I use their magnetic tank bag on my Ural and love it, it is very well made. If you are looking for a quick release tank bag, you should also look at the Engage tank bag from Twisted Throttle. I use the 7.5 L. tank bag on my FJR, they also have a 15L tank bag. You can move the bag forward or backward as you have to drill 4 holes in the bag when setting it up.

Mac

I use their magnetic tank bag on my Ural and love it, it is very well made. If you are looking for a quick release tank bag, you should also look at the Engage tank bag from Twisted Throttle. I use the 7.5 L. tank bag on my FJR, they also have a 15L tank bag. You can move the bag forward or backward as you have to drill 4 holes in the bag when setting it up.
Mac
So are you really happy with the Engage bag, ie would you do it again? I looked at it today and it looks pretty good....how's the quality/fit/etc?

I would buy the Emgage bag again. It is very well made and the curve in the bag matches the curve in the FJR gas tank so you have to look twice before you notice it is not tied down. It is very easy to mount and remove. You will have to buy the map case seperate but I love it also. It is wide enough to accept two folds of a map . In real heavy rain your map will get a little damp after awhile where it is close to the zipper but it has not been a problem for me.

Mac

Has anyone out there tried the MotoFizz QR tankbag and mount that Aerostich sells? The mount bolts to the screws around the fillercap and the bag mounts directly to it. No straps, no magnets. :rolleyes: Looks pretty slick and the price isn't too bad, but I'd sure like to hear from somebody that owns one before plunking down the $$.

This won't be too much help to you but I have one of the Motofizz products, the medium tail bag. Motofizz, a Japanese company, makes very clever, high quality products. If you can't find any testimonials about the particular attachment mechanism you're interested in, I think you would probably be safe taking the risk just on the company's reputation. I suspect they've tested it thoroughly and have all the bugs worked out.

I KNOW I saw a picture of that bag here somewhere on the Forum. The poster was talking about how the bag did not touch the bike. It was complete with a picture, but I don't remember where or when. Maybe try googling, "Motofizz Site:FJRforum.com. I haven't looked either.

I've been thinking myself to put the SW-Motech style bags on the FJR. I have the male adaptor on the MVs, but use the Eurobag on the FJR.

to clarify a bit....

Bags connection makes the bags, available via twistedthrottle.com. System by SW-Motech (can also get various other bits which attach stuff).

I have the Engage sport, which is NOT contoured. I use the gadget mount for the Zumo. On the FJR, I'd use my current mount, so wouldn't necessarily need that part.

I'm thinking of looking at the powered tank ring. I think somebody on here on a previous thread posted up some pics of that before. would be useful for sure.

I'm thinking of looking at the powered tank ring. I think somebody on here on a previous thread posted up some pics of that before. would be useful for sure.
I just bought the Powerlet powered tank bag kit and now I wonder why I had not done this before! That SAE cord is out of the way and capped when it is not being used. I use it for the battery tender, the powered tank bag, to fill air in my tires ect..... That kit is awesome! LINK

PTB-008_p_172_webl.jpg

The most important quality in a tank bag for me is ability to stay put in heavy cross winds. Out where I ride, winds gust up to 50 mph in the spring, and straps or magnets just don't do the job. At my skill level, it is an extreme hassle to hang on to the tank bag with one hand and fight 50 mph cross winds with the other. For that reason, I've given up tank bags altogether.

Now, the Engage bag, although it is more attractive, appears to have a plastic base mount attached to the filler ring bracket, whereas the Moto Fizz looks all metal. It's not hard to imagine stress fractures around the screw holes of the Engage base after some heavy sideways forces. I'm thinking the Moto Fizz just may be the best solution to my tank bag quest. WBill

The base mount for the Engage is indeed some sort of plastic. But there is plastic and their is plastic . As secure as the base is mounted and as strong as it is I would expect your complete gas tank to come off before it would break.

Mac

I also have the Engage tag bag...I don't use it a lot but when I have it was very secure...the tank ring looks like it's made of something like nylon to me...I believe you would have to be trying to break it for it too...you can also get camera mounts and ram mounts to attach to the tank ring... my.02

Well, after looking things over and doing a bit of homework, I ordered the Engage bag and mount from twisted throttle. Supposed to be here on the 5th. Also, I got a Nuvi 205W for Christmas and twisted throttle has a really slick mount for it that goes on the front tank mount bolts...It's coming this way too.

Thanks for the input guys!! I'll let you know how this works out!