Motofizz rainproofing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyRider

esolc oot m'I siht dear nac uoy fI
Reaction score
I ordered my Motofizz bag yesterday. It seems like the perfect bag for me but I'm a little concerned about how many people have had problems with the rain cover ripping or blowing off it. My answer is to either 1) use a bungee net to secure the rain cover or 2) try using Nikwax Tent & Gear spray. Anyone have any experience with Nikwax on a Motofizz (or any other) bag?

I ordered my Motofizz bag yesterday. It seems like the perfect bag for me but I'm a little concerned about how many people have had problems with the rain cover ripping or blowing off it. My answer is to either 1) use a bungee net to secure the rain cover or 2) try using Nikwax Tent & Gear spray. Anyone have any experience with Nikwax on a Motofizz (or any other) bag?
Fuzzy, while the Nikwax would certainly go a long way towards making the fabric water resistant, the zippers used in the Motofizz will still leak like a sieve....

When I have the Motofizz mounted on my bike, I've almost always got the rain cover on it - I simply wrap a Rok Strap around it, and haven't had any problems with loosening, ripping, or blowing off. Your idea of a bungee net is a good one.

When I have the Motofizz mounted on my bike, I've almost always got the rain cover on it - I simply wrap a Rok Strap around it, and haven't had any problems with loosening, ripping, or blowing off. Your idea of a bungee net is a good one.
Like Hal, I use a couple of compression straps to hold down the rain cover. At the end of my last long trip, the seams that hold the cinch cord on the rain cover failed completely. It looks like it will be cheaper to buy a new one for $17 than to have it resown.

Thanks Kaitsdad and Brian. I'm gonna go with a cargo net over the raincover when I ride through the wet stuff. Hopefully there won't be too much of the wet stuff on my upcoming trip. :whistle:

Latest posts