MotoGP race at Jerez SPOILER

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
Pedrossa streaked away from the start again and pulled out a huge lead from Lorenzo. Rossi did a great job and piled through the field to pass Lorenzo and take 2nd. Hayden ran well and held 4th for most of the race, he dropped it on lap 7 and did an Edwards style save with his elbow, to continue in the same position!!!!

Toseland was the hero of the day for me. When interviewed at the start he could hardly talk because of bronchitis. He looked terrible. He held 7th and eventually was passed by Verulen but took the position back. Penultimate lap Tose climbed through to 5th. He was pushed to 7th going into the last corner and came out of it 6th where he crossed the line behind Capirossi and just in front of Davizioso.

Edwards slid off early on and re-mounted but pulled into the pits.

Rossi's breakdown in qualifying was blamed on an electrical problem causing a cylinder to switch off, which sounds odd to me.

Stoner lost the plot big time. He ran off early on in the race, came back ondead last climbed back to about 10th and did it again, but managed to get back on in the same position.

Rossi made a terrible mistake on the penultimate lap when he thought the race was over and sat up and waved at the team as he crossed the line, fortunately he realised and continued to finish 2nd.

The King of Spain who gave out the trophy's physically made Lorenzo & Pedrossa shake hands.

Pedrossa

Rossi

Lorenzo

Hayden

Capirossi

Toseland

Davizioso

Last edited by a moderator:
Pedrossa streaked away from the start again and pulled out a huge lead from Lorenzo. Rossi did a great job and piled through the field to pass Lorenzo and take 2nd. Hayden ran well and held 4th for most of the race, he dropped it on lap 7 and did an Edwards style save with his elbow, to continue in the same position!!!!
Toseland was the hero of the day for me. When interviewed at the start he could hardly talk because of bronchitis. He looked terrible. He held 7th and eventually was passed by Verulen but took the position back. Penultimate lap Tose climbed through to 5th. He was pushed to 7th going into the last corner and came out of it 6th where he crossed the line behind Capirossi and just in front of Davizioso.

Edwards slid off early on and re-mounted but pulled into the pits.

Rossi's breakdown in qualifying was blamed on an electrical problem causing a cylinder to switch off, which sounds odd to me.

Stoner lost the plot big time. He ran off early on in the race, came back ondead last climbed back to about 10th and did it again, but managed to get back on in the same position.

Rossi made a terrible mistake on the penultimate lap when he thought the race was over and sat up and waved at the team as he crossed the line, fortunately he realised and continued to finish 2nd.

The King of Spain who gave out the trophy's physically made Lorenzo & Pedrossa shake hands.

Pedrossa

Rossi

Lorenzo

Hayden

Capirossi

Toseland

Davizioso

Did you see the 250 race? shit that was a cliffhanger with a surprize end with Bautista and Somoncelli washing out after a Simoncelli bumped Bautista in the toosh. Turns out Bautista claims it wasnt Simoncelli's fault, his engine seized in the corner on the last lap of what was a nice long chase.

The MotoGP race was a great race. I could believe the save that Hayden did. WOW :clapping:

Thanks, Wish I could have watched it........
There's footage of the whole race on YouTube, just search for Jerez 2008 motogp

I've never really watched much of the MotoGP racing, just highlight reels of spectacular crashes, passes, etc. These guys all have huge brass balls - I'd be loading up my leathers with all of the headshake these guys ride through coming out of the corners. I can't wait for the race this September at Indianapolis!

Still seems to me that even with two off track excursions, Stoner is the only Duc rider who can summon all the potential of the Ducati. I thought the 250 race was much more entertaining, especially last lap. It'll be great to hear the ring-dings @ Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hayden's save was awesome. Stoner really f*cked himself with 2 serious errors, then was a bit of an ass after.

This is shown on Star Sports here in Asia, commercial free throughout the race. Amazing to see a crowd of 135,000 supporting thier guy...I was glad he won, he was near perfect the whole way. Rossi was good too, except for the FUBAR at the end...

Wow! Pedrosa has been really steppin it up. I'm interested to see if he continues to spank everyone off the line!

Glad to hear Hayden pulled a fourth, hopefully that will be a bit of a confidence booster for him.

Kinda glad stoner didn't run away with it again.