MotoPak Luggage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of their tank bags. I've learned with their stuff you get what you pay for. The small magnetic tank bag was $50 bucks or so at the International Mcy show last year...Cheap plastic side stiffeners that fall out and are worthless. Poorly set up seams that prefer to stay inverted the way they were when they were sewn from the inside, rather than the way they were intended to be. Certainly inexpensive though.

They run a lot of their stuff on eBay. I bought a tank bag and saddlebags for my FZ1 about 3 years ago. Seemed like good stuff for the price. Sold the SBs with the FZ1 before I could use them, but I've used the tank bag a lot over the years. Found it to be very good for expanding, using only the map pocket, half the tank bag, etc. I used it on KLR650, VStrom, VStar, sometimes with part of the magnetic bag on the tank, and the other part on a rear seat or rack. Dealer was very good to deal with and had fast shipping, considering it came all the way from Canada.

I'm kind of partial to Nelson-Rigg stuff now, but I bought a new 3 piece tank bag off eBay for a buddy last fall, and I could see they had made some improvements over the original. Like I said, pretty good stuff for the money, I think.

B)

I have this one and it's been a good addition. Gobs of room and it stays put (if you don't forget to close the zippers-trust me) :eek: .

gt20-2.jpg

I have had the GT35. They've been going new for about $70-$80 shipped sometimes on Ebay.

You guys who own 'em -- what is the size of that map pocket? Is it watertight? How does it close? You can't really see that part of the bag in the photos.
I use the MotoPak GT Mini. I keep all my electronics in there (self powered and self contained). I did add a plastic liner box to it and glued up my own internal compartments. The Mini is more like a day bag, not an overnight. The map window is big enough to take a standard AAA map folded to about 2 times larger than its original folded width and standard height. The map window seems water tight, although I haven't slugged it through water for miles and miles. Its only been hit with an occasional shower and seems to keep the water out. It closes with a zipper. I like the product, it works for me! :clapping: HTH

You guys who own 'em -- what is the size of that map pocket? Is it watertight? How does it close? You can't really see that part of the bag in the photos.
Well, the GT35 has a 8x12 or 14 map pocket on the top bag, middle bag and the magnetic base. I didn't measure the bottom 2 but they should be close to that size. They tend to fog in the sun and get a little moisture, and I don't know about rain, because I use a cover then. The newer version than mine has a zipper instead of velcro to access the map sleeve.

B)