Motoport Kevlar jeans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODan

Reaction score
I'd really like to order these but the pics on the motoport website give absolutely no indication of what they look like.

Anyone got a pic?

Yes, I did search.

And jeans, not any other motoport pants.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find on the pics cadman

If you give Wayne a call or shoot him an eMail, he will be more than happy to send you a series of hi-res pics of his products.

I just picked up a set of there Air Mesh last week, and so far I'm impressed with em. They flow air very well indeed. So far I've tested them to 91, suppose to get hotter by the weekend so I'll know how they fair over 100 soon.

I have the Motoport mesh pants and jacket. They breathe very well even down in the South Florida heat. They are worth every penny. Anything over 20 or so MPH and you can feel the wind blowing through the outfit. I have a Harley Ultra Classic with the fairing and still get plenty of ventilation.

I also got the Kevlar gloves and they are great too.

FWIW

If you give Wayne a call or shoot him an eMail, he will be more than happy to send you a series of hi-res pics of his products.
Already done, the pics he sent were no better than the ones on the website.

Already done, the pics he sent were no better than the ones on the website.
Bummer. There might be someone in your area that has a set you can check out first hand. Welcome to check mine out if you get out to the Bay Area. Or I can just take a few pics tonight after work B)

Bummer. There might be someone in your area that has a set you can check out first hand. Welcome to check mine out if you get out to the Bay Area. Or I can just take a few pics tonight after work B)
If I draw a circle 30 miles in diameter around me, it would include about 10,000 people, so the odds are not good.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, a pic or two would be much appreciated.

Probably better in a PM, but were the ones Wayne sent the ones of the police officer? If not, I will post those pics. They are not that helpful. One thought, if you are interested in pants that look like jeans and not riding pants, then you may want to take a look at the cordura jeans as that material has a better hand.

Side

DSC_3207.jpg

Front

DSC_3208.jpg

Suit. It's set up the same as a 'Stitch, but backwards.

DSC_3209.jpg

Close up of rhe jacket mesh. The pants mesh is the same, but all black threads.

DSC_3212.jpg

Hope that clears things up, if not, request a specific pic and I'll try and hook ya up

As a side note, it was 104 when I pulled in and took those pics. The suits working well for keeping me cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Sliders black jeans. They look very mcuh like a relaxed style of normal jeans. I was wearing them went I went down on the apex of a steep switchback in Spain. Broke the rear and spun. Lesson be careful of addin too much throttle in first gear. Jeans prevent any injury to me but the BMW was not so lucky - mirros, valve cover, etc.

Those Motoports look good, but how easy is it for the armor to move away?

A bit of a thread hijack, but with good intent. I'm probably going to buy another pair of Draggin Jeans because I've been trying on various mesh pants and the armor slides off my knees too easily. How about some real world "Thar I wuz" slidin on my arse" reports about how the mesh and jeans have held up?

A bit of a thread hijack, but with good intent. I'm probably going to buy another pair of Draggin Jeans because I've been trying on various mesh pants and the armor slides off my knees too easily. How about some real world "Thar I wuz" slidin on my arse" reports about how the mesh and jeans have held up?
There's alot of coverage in the armor, alot more than my 'Stitch even, and I feel secure that the armor will stay in place in a slide. I've owned cheap mesh and had the armor bits moving all over the place too.

On a side note, Wayne at Cycleport wasn't to keen on Dragon Jeans when I mentioned them to him, said something to the effect that the denum will disinigrate quickly leaving you totally unprotected in a get off.

On a side note, Wayne at Cycleport wasn't to keen on Dragon Jeans when I mentioned them to him, said something to the effect that the denum will disinigrate quickly leaving you totally unprotected in a get off.
I can tell you that he is very wrong.

More a case of he doesn't sell Draggin so he is steering you toward the product he sells.

I can tell you that he is very wrong.

More a case of he doesn't sell Draggin so he is steering you toward the product he sells.

You're welcome to call him and have a discussion about the pro's and cons of dragon jeans. I'm indifferent about em to begiin with. And BTW, he wasnt stearing me twards anything. I'd already made my decision.

Ray,

Does the jacket have inside pockets? I currently ride with a TourMaster 'Flex'; it has a really cool cell phone pocket, another one big enough for a check book. I like these features.

Also - are the pants in the foto's mesh? Looks 'solid'..

Tx -

don

There's alot of coverage in the armor, alot more than my 'Stitch even, and I feel secure that the armor will stay in place in a slide. I've owned cheap mesh and had the armor bits moving all over the place too.

I personally have seen a set of the original DragginJeans after a slide from what a neighbor kid said was probably the mid-30mph range. The denim was shot in a few places but the kevlar beneath was intact. The kid had good sized deep black and blue marks and said that his butt was red but he'd lost no skin.

Latest posts