Motorcycle Pants For Porkers???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea about them, but for us porkers Cycleport Air Mesh II Kevlar is the best and for a fee they will make a custom size ( I am a 48 32)

Buy some real riding pants with armor and you'll be more comfortable, and better protected. Joe Rocket makes larger sizes, as does First Gear. Specifically the JR Alter Ego line and the FG TGP line.

Hi

First Gear TPG overpants, fit me at 48w x 34l. Length of TPG pants is 32 but they are OK with boots on.

Found at newenough.com for $179 plus shipping, this spring.

Good luck

Jim

Thanks for the replies.

Buy some real riding pants with armor and you'll be more comfortable, and better protected. Joe Rocket makes larger sizes, as does First Gear. Specifically the JR Alter Ego line and the FG TGP line.

Given the cost/protection, that does look like the route to go.

The First gear offerings look promising on their site, I will check out Joe Rocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
A tip for the larger riders, (I'm one of them @ 265 w/a 46ish waist). Adding suspenders to any riding pants can be a real comfort addition. Not to mention avoiding the sagging pants issue.

I buy "logger buttons" and install them on my riding pants so that I don't need to wear the belt tight to hold them up. More comfortable for me and cheap and easy to do. Bonus, button type suspenders stay put. The clip on ones seem to come off or come apart at the clip at the most inopportune times. :blush: Any place that sells suspenders usually sells the logger buttons in a small pack of 8. I carry a couple spares just in case, as I have had one pop apart on rare occasions. Easy to fix on the road with a rock to tap the button together if a hammer isn't available.

Easy to fix on the road with a rock to tap the button together if a hammer isn't available.
I made a foot peg out of a hammer head. It is now a foot peg on one of the Wild Bill extensions. When I need a hammer, I dismantle the foot peg and use my handy handle extension (a machete) to pound in tent spikes!

Just my C02

I bought a couple pairs from Competition Accessories a couple of bikes back. They were "sliders" brand in denim (one black, one blue) with kevlar and/or leather lining in hips and knees. They also have cargo style pants. They're holding up well and look like regular jeans. Disclaimers:

1. No idea how big they run (maximum size, that is).

2. They cost a LOT less than the pairs you linked to (from Australia).

3. May you or I never test how they hold up in a slide. I put them on for strictly local riding only when I just can't deal with the Cycleport mesh overpants. And then I feel naked.

4. Service at Comp Acc was OUTSTANDING. The first pair didn't fit, then they sent a duplicate order, we shipped back and forth at least a couple of times. They were always great to deal with, they covered shipping both ways because one was their error and another when the product ran small for the size.

5. Read no. 3 again, and get some real riding pants too.

I bought a pair of Draggin jeans from Cota65 here on the forum earlier this year. 42x34, and the size was pretty accurate. Comfortable enough, but I still usually wear the convertible mesh from tourmaster/cortech (like JoeRocket alter ego).

I have a pair thats 54X32 from my former life. :rolleyes:
Damn, if I hadn't lost some weight recently I'd buy them off ya...

Wore diamond jeans and they are comfy and don't grab your crotch like regular styles. The Kevlar was nice, but in my getoff the brake pedal found my leg 2-3 inches below the kevlar and poked a hole... ouch. I need to find money for real armor. Waiting to lose more weight though....

UPDATE

Purchased Olympia Airglide pants today, good fit for me, very comfortable, removable liner etc.

Liked the Olympia Airglide jacket, too; so I bought that as well :)

Mine are that silver grey, sort of matches my FJR.

Has anyone either run across something like these in size 44 in a 34" inseam?
https://www.dragginjeans.com.au/products/cargoPants/index.htm

Also, has anyone had any experience with this actual product?

A lot of pants quit at 40 or 42, I know should watch what I eat and hit the stairmaster :blushing:
Shin

Send them you size waist inside leg etc measurements and They will for an extra few bucks tailor make them for you

Cheers