Motorcycle shipping

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbfjr1300

Reaction score
I'm interested in having my bike shipped from Toronto to either Edmonton AB, or San Francisco. Can anyone recommend a shipping company?

PS. I know I should do the ride, but it's 5 days each way, which doesn't leave much time for touring when I get there.

Asked and answered a variety of times on the forum. Use motorcycle shipping site:fjrforum.com at Google and see a variety of them.

When do you need it to be in Edmonchuk? If the dates work out, I'd be glad to run it out there for you after one of my far-too-many trips to T.O.

Just sayin'

Griff

+1 on Forward Air. I've shipped 3 bikes with Forward Air with no problems.....All of the info is on their website.

I used a site called ubid. It's an auction site. You list your start and end zipcodes, then shippers bid on shipping your bike. You get to review each shippers rating and read the comments from their previous customers.

I picked a guy who had great feedback. Shipping from LA to Austin was $375 and took 3 days. Most of the shippers consolidate a load to save costs, so you may have to be flexible your pickup date. The guy who delivered my bike had about 12 of the sweetest new bikes you've ever seen. It was a thrill just peering into his trailer.