Motorcycle Superstore

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Motorcycle Superstore has a policy to match advertised prices on other sites.

So I asked customer service to match this price:

https://www.compacc.com/p.cfm/c/1208001/p/20486

They said no in a form letter, because it is a closeout item at the other site. Am I missing something? I don't see the it is a closeout.

I resubmitted the request thinking an error was made. I pointed out this site on their form:

https://www.atlanticmoto.com/acatalog/Atlan...Helmet_295.html

The response I got was:

"Unfortunately we can’t price match CLOSEOUT items.

Thanks"

I'm not ranting. I just don't get it. I see the helmets are on sale, but nowhere is is it mentioned as a closeout item. It is, I suspect, a discontinued helmet ('09) at the manufacturer level. Much of what motorcycle superstore sells is discontinued lines of products.

But I have to say the customer service over 24 hours to get two emails from them was not great. Very different from the times I have ordered online and the one time I went to their small brick and mortar store. Just my experience.

I don't see any closeout notice either.

But I never go back to a vendor that says we'll match a lower price. That's like saying if you catch us overcharging we will concede. If I find it at alower price somewhere, I go there.

Speaking of low prices, if you get on the email list for New Enough they have a lot of year end closeouts. I just got a $160 (MRSP) HJC for $70.

The gloves I just bought for $40 are on clearance for $10, rats.

Lots of jackets etc.

Got to love that place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any closeout notice either.
But I never go back to a vendor that says we'll match a lower price. That's like saying if you catch us overcharging we will concede. If I find it at alower price somewhere, I go there.

Speaking of low prices, if you get on the email list for New Enough they have a lot of year end closeouts. I just got a $160 (MRSP) HJC for $70.

The gloves I just bought for $40 are on clearance for $10, rats.

Lots of jackets etc.

Got to love that place.
i buy alot from superstore, but if i find lower somewhere else, i just buy it there.

when you follow the link ot the low price policy you get:

Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions

1. Prior to ordering submit your price match request including the URL (web address) of the site where the lower priced item was found, by filling in the form above.

2. Customer Service will review all price match requests for eligibility (see requirements and exclusions below).

3. After review, Customer Service will contact you by return e-mail or phone to assist you in placing the order.

Requirements

Competitor website must be an authorized U.S. dealer.

Product must be new and in stock in the same size, color and year (if applicable)

Lowest price guarantee not valid with any other promotion/discount.

Any applicable shipping and/or handling fees will be included when calculating the price difference.

[SIZE=18pt]Exclusions:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=24pt]Closeout / Clearance Items[/SIZE]

Orders placed through Amazon.com

Backordered Items

Blemished Items

Demo Models

Factory Seconds

Free with Purchase Items

Free Shipping Offers

Competitor Coupons

Auction Websites – such as eBay

Verbal Quotes

SPU - you didn't read far enough down the page

when you follow the link ot the low price policy you get:Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions

1. Prior to ordering submit your price match request including the URL (web address) of the site where the lower priced item was found, by filling in the form above.

2. Customer Service will review all price match requests for eligibility (see requirements and exclusions below).

3. After review, Customer Service will contact you by return e-mail or phone to assist you in placing the order.

Requirements

Product must be new and in stock in the same size, color and year (if applicable)

Any applicable shipping and/or handling fees will be included when calculating the price difference.

Backordered Items

Blemished Items

Demo Models

Factory Seconds

Free with Purchase Items

Free Shipping Offers

Competitor Coupons

Verbal Quotes

No need to shout.

I read the policies and conditions, and understood them prior to submitting my request. I have been a customer for years, and bought a street helmet just last week. The Shoei's aren't a closeout item on the other sites by my understanding, although one poster says he saw one site describing the helmet as a closeout (he doesn't say which) -- I can be wrong. However, I don't believe it is a closeout on both sites, at least.

I prefer to use paypal and the other sites do not have that payment option, thus my request for a price match; I'm not ready to accept a higher price for the convenience of using paypal though.

The final, and in my opinion, the important point is I got a form letter referencing the policy I already knew (that's fine), but then I received an 8 word email capitalizing CLOSEOUT, which I think is not the best way to interact with a customer. Others obviously disagree, and that is fine. I am merely posting my experience by a description of the facts as I saw them. Where my experience could be open to interpretation or "feelings" I tried to post that as well. I hope my experience is an isolated incident, and somebody just had a bad day with no pattern existing. But we won't know if nobody mentions it. So I did.

It's possible that they check their OWN inventory, and if the manufacturer has discontinued the item, and notified Superstore same, then it's catagorized as a closeout in Superstore's records and database. Never mind what the competition's status of the item is.

BTW, because of Dennis Kirk's superior customer service, free fast shipping, and very liberal return policy, I will use them for biggish ticket items. I always research price everywhere I can, and if find it cheaper somewhere else, I call Kirk and invoke their matching less $1 policy. Never been disappointed and it's pretty easy to do over the phone with them. They are there, I believe, 24/7.

Last edited by a moderator:
although one poster says he saw one site describing the helmet as a closeout (he doesn't say which) -- I can be wrong. However, I don't believe it is a closeout on both sites, at least.
When I click on the link, the closeout word appears in the title bar (very top line on the browser, above your address & tool bars) as well as in the product title "

Shoei Hornet DS Sonora Dual-Sport Helmet - Closeout". That's probably what the other poster is referring to and maybe what MS is seeing.

It's possible your browser is using a cached version of the page. If they recently changed the description to add closeout language, you may just need to refresh your browser.

when you follow the link ot the low price policy you get:Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions

Requirements

Backordered Items

Blemished Items

Demo Models

Factory Seconds

Free with Purchase Items

Free Shipping Offers

Competitor Coupons

Verbal Quotes

No need to shout.

I read the policies and conditions, and understood them prior to submitting my request. I have been a customer for years, and bought a street helmet just last week. The Shoei's aren't a closeout item on the other sites by my understanding, although one poster says he saw one site describing the helmet as a closeout (he doesn't say which) -- I can be wrong. However, I don't believe it is a closeout on both sites, at least.

I prefer to use paypal and the other sites do not have that payment option, thus my request for a price match; I'm not ready to accept a higher price for the convenience of using paypal though.

The final, and in my opinion, the important point is I got a form letter referencing the policy I already knew (that's fine), but then I received an 8 word email capitalizing CLOSEOUT, which I think is not the best way to interact with a customer. Others obviously disagree, and that is fine. I am merely posting my experience by a description of the facts as I saw them. Where my experience could be open to interpretation or "feelings" I tried to post that as well. I hope my experience is an isolated incident, and somebody just had a bad day with no pattern existing. But we won't know if nobody mentions it. So I did.

Not shouting, just making sure you didn't miss the policy where it says closeout. Now I would agree, (If I understand your original email to them correctly) except the first web site you sent them had this in the first line of the advertisement:

Shoei Hornet DS Sonora Dual-Sport Helmet - [SIZE=14pt]Closeout[/SIZE]Just Reduced!

sounds like I had a part to play in the original email, which I'll own, as I clearly did not see the closeout mention, or it was added after I quoted the site. I think Patriot has the best explanation, which in fact would mean I was incorrect there as well. I'll own all that. I knew the policy, but not, evidentlly, how it was to be applied. I will say I was not happy at how I was treated as a multi-repeat customer. I'll get over it ;) . Now I think this horse has been beaten to death, and I've said what I think is a fair assessment at this point... I'm moving on.

sounds like I had a part to play in the original email, which I'll own, as I clearly did not see the closeout mention, or it was added after I quoted the site. I think Patriot has the best explanation, which in fact would mean I was incorrect there as well. I'll own all that. I knew the policy, but not, evidentlly, how it was to be applied. I will say I was not happy at how I was treated as a multi-repeat customer. I'll get over it ;) . Now I think this horse has been beaten to death, and I've said what I think is a fair assessment at this point... I'm moving on.

agreed. I buy from them from sometimes too. Next time...The price looked like a very good one for that helmet even if they couldn't beat the price.