Motorcyclehelmets.net

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzzip

Reaction score
I ordered a helmet from motorcyclehelmets.net out of Salt Lake City about 2 weeks ago.

They have posted a charge against my credit card via their paypal account, but so far I have not received a notice of receiving an order, shipping or anything. I have sent 2 emails to their address and made 1 phone call-- left a message.

I know there is 8 to 10 days for shipping this particular brand, but 10 days comes up tomorrow.

Anybody bought from these folks? Their site has been up for sometime, so I am hoping I haven't been scammed.

Thanks.

B)

I have ordered a couple Vega helmets from them. It took about 2 weeks and I'm in the Salt Lake Valley. I know 4 other guys that had similar results. Good prices, but service is a little slow.

Same for me. I ordered two Vega's 2 separate times and got what I ordered and the service was a bit slow both times. Was satisfied though. I don't think your getting rip off BUT I suspect it is a small time operation that "drop ships" from the manufacturer or something. Probably no inventory... I think mine took a good 3 weeks.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email from UPS showing the helmet was shipped today.

So, I guess anyone ordering a Vega from these folks should not expect it to be SHIPPED for 8-10 days from the date of placing the order.

B)

FYI, I received the helmet this evening.

Can't say I would order from them again due to a lack of any communication.

I had ordered black and realized I meant to order metallic black a few minutes after placing the order. I sent an immediate email (which they claim is the fastest way to contact them) and also tried to call after the weekend. With no response to 2 emails and a phone call, I received the black one.

I can live with it, but it would have been nice to have better customer service. I'm not bitching-- I know you sometimes get what you pay for. I will be more particular, or do what I usually try to do which is buy from the local dealer if he has what I want.

B)

Well, rats....

Open the helmet Monday and a little black plastic piece fell out of the cloth cover into the box. I couldn't figure out where it came from or where it should go, and the helmet looked and fit fine.

Tonight I looked closer and matched the piece to one of the retainers that latch the flip front chin bar. So I have a defective/damaged new helmet. I have not worn it, and it still has the tags and protective cover on the visor. I have emailed motorcyclehelmets.net to see what they want to do, so we shall see how good their customer relations dept. is.

Stay tuned.

B)

Nope... she (the wife I bought it for) is insured, so we'll just ride with it if they don't replace it. And bad mouth them everywhere.

If they do, we'll tell everybody what fine folks they are. Stuff happens-- it all depends on how it is handled.

Like all this ice tonight. We had to miss a Christmas party, so I opened a bottle of wine, made little smokies, dips and hors' de.... hose.d'.... snacks for her, and had a romantic evening watching reruns of "Lonesome Dove" on the TV.

She says I remind her of Gus.... :wub:

B)

I ordered a Vega helmet from them 11/11. No helmet received and they haven't answered emails or calls. Within 45 days I have to make a dispute claim to Paypal which isn't far off so that's probably where this is headed.

I would not order from them again EVER and should have researched before the transaction. A Google search reveals that bad business practice in the norm for Motorcyclehemets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope... she (the wife I bought it for) is insured, so we'll just ride with it if they don't replace it. And bad mouth them everywhere.
If they do, we'll tell everybody what fine folks they are. Stuff happens-- it all depends on how it is handled.

Like all this ice tonight. We had to miss a Christmas party, so I opened a bottle of wine, made little smokies, dips and hors' de.... hose.d'.... snacks for her, and had a romantic evening watching reruns of "Lonesome Dove" on the TV.

She says I remind her of Gus.... :wub:

B)
Skippy, did your wife ask... Who are you, and what did you do with my husband.. :blink: :blink:

No ice here in Hooterville, just a cold rain. I think will go riding, got a new Aerostitch roadcrafter to break in...

Smitty

Yeah, I think I'll go riding later too--- say in about 3 months. Woke up to the sound of freezing rain on the window-- 1 to 2 inches of sleet on the ground with ice under it. Note to self: MOVE FURTHER SOUTH after retiring from next job.

Yeah, motorcycle helmets.net got my money thru Paypal, but I will just use the helmet as is, if they don't have a reasonable fix in a timely fashion. I bought a new Scorpion from New Enough the same week and as usual, got great service, even an immediate exchange for size on a pair of mesh pants for my wife. Can't recommend NE more-- I try to buy from them if I can't get it locally.

See smitty-- I AM a nice guy to her more often then just when I want... you know... from her.

B)

Well, as of today, no reply or response from them.

Live and learn.... I can't say I will be recommending them to anyone.

B)