Motorcycling Nirvana

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myzen

Reaction score
Well coming from a Harley, it took a little while to get accustomed to dancing with a woman as opposed to dancing with an elephant. Went out for a nice 200 mile ride this morning. It is taking a little getting used to not having a clutch lever. Pulling up to a gas pump was kind of an experience. In time I know it will smooth out. I love the sharp handling as well as the adjustable windshield. This truly is an awesome bike.

So far I hardwired the Zumo and ran the GXM30 to the tail section, added a koss volume control, and did the G2. More farkles to come next week. can't wait for the big brown truck to show up.

I am thinking of getting rid of my FJR for a Harley. The FJR likes to crash too much.

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.

I see a lot more scenery on my Big Slow Cruiser, but I feel more alive on my sport and sport touring bike.

I think of the guy in the movie "Worlds Fastest Indian"

Who Said " I live more in 5 minutes on my bike than most people live in a lifetime.

Vote for nunoftheabove

I am thinking of getting rid of my FJR for a Harley. The FJR likes to crash too much.
PLEASE :huh: PLEASE :huh: DON'T GO OVER TO THE DARK SIDE :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
myzen, I came to the FJR from a cruiser style ride, took me over 5 hours of ridding to make the 45 minute journey to my house from the dealer. I know what you're talking about.

Forget the Harley Scooter, given the handling attributes the only way you could possible avoid crashing one would to ride only in a straight line, stop, get off, and push it though the turn. :D

DON'T spin your head while you ride. That's GOTTA help reduce yer crashes somewhat. :clapping:
Yes, but the spinning head helps the "dirt-shy-dirt-sky, oh damn" effect. :D

myzen, I came to the FJR from a cruiser style ride, took me over 5 hours of ridding to make the 45 minute journey to my house from the dealer. I know what you're talking about.

Forget the Harley Scooter, given the handling attributes the only way you could possible avoid crashing one would to ride only in a straight line, stop, get off, and push it though the turn. :D
AMEN!!