Mount for Sirius Streamer GTR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essjayarr

Reaction score
I just ordered a Sirius Streamer GTR satellite receiver.

Any recommendations for a mounting setups for my '05 FJR?

Also am considering modifying headphones to fit my Shoei RF 1000.

Any and all input welcome as usual.

I just ordered a Sirius Streamer GTR satellite receiver.Any recommendations for a mounting setups for my '05 FJR?

Got piccie of the receiver? You need to find a 12" clear location for the antenna mouse - least thats what mine needs. Check out riderswarehouse.com (Aerostich) for the helmet headsets. They have a couple of well priced models.

Got piccie of the receiver? You need to find a 12" clear location for the antenna mouse - least thats what mine needs. Check out riderswarehouse.com (Aerostich) for the helmet headsets. They have a couple of well priced models.

I havn't received it yet.

I just bought it off Ebay here

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Item=9739101987

After rebate it is only $44.00

I'll take a look at riderswarehouse.

I use this on all my bikes including the FJR:

Starmate_1.JPG

It's a Cortech Super Mini Magnetic tank bag with a metal bookshelf in the bottom. I use a RAM mount for the unit and a passive mixer in the tank bag along with a boosteroo. I mix in audio from my GPS as well as my GMRS radio via a MotoComm headset. All you need is a BMW style power port and it's totally portable.

That Cortech is the nutz! Cool! But if you don't wanna go that way, then with that model receiver, I'd go with a Ram Ball mount in the extra threaded hole on the left controls or MCL's Ram Ball mount on the clutch or brake reservoir cover...

Then again, some just toss the receiver in their tank bag and forget about it...

That Cortech is the nutz! Cool! But if you don't wanna go that way, then with that model receiver, I'd go with a Ram Ball mount in the extra threaded hole on the left controls or MCL's Ram Ball mount on the clutch or brake reservoir cover...
Then again, some just toss the receiver in their tank bag and forget about it...
Anyone used this item?

https://www.hoonhardware.com/RoadyHolder/roadyholder.htm

Will I have a problem with reception with the antenna mounted lower than the windshied?

Ess,

As long as the mouse is above the radio and clear of the shield you should be okay. I used to have my mouse on the brake res. Reception would come in and out a lot. Now, I have may detector there and the mouse on top of that and it works tons better. That little 1" raise did a bunch.

I just ordered a Sirius Streamer GTR satellite receiver.Any recommendations for a mounting setups for my '05 FJR?

I have the same unit . I have a tecMount in my clutch side unused mirror hole,with the antena velcroed to the front brake res. Coil the half mile of antena wire in the fairing. I run mine through my comunicator and to my lid, it cuts out when I send or receve messages. Dwayne

Anyone used this item?

Will I have a problem with reception with the antenna mounted lower than the windshied?
That's exactly what I use. It works great. I know of no reason that the reception would be affected by the windshield. As long as the antenna has a "clear" view of the sky, it should work. I have a honda Goldwing also and I mounted the Sirius antenna under the dash (out of sight) and it works well there. I can post a pic of the Hoon hardware mouunt if you want to see it.

Anyone used this item?

That's exactly what I use. It works great. I know of no reason that the reception would be affected by the windshield. As long as the antenna has a "clear" view of the sky, it should work. I have a honda Goldwing also and I mounted the Sirius antenna under the dash (out of sight) and it works well there. I can post a pic of the Hoon hardware mouunt if you want to see it.
That would absolutley be appreciated!