Mounting a Gamin C330?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerskier

Reaction score
I am off on a weeks ride thru BC, from Oregon, up to the Island,and then east, thru all sorts of great twisty mountain roads, heading southeast and then thru the Waterton, Glacier areas and back home to Oregon, in about 10 days. Since I already own a C330, I am thinking of taking it along and wondered if anyone has figured out a mount for it.

Might want to check with Skyway. IIRC, there's 2 different ways to mount the C330 - either with the suction cup on the windshield or the disk that you affix to the dashboard. Perhaps you could use one of his XM Antenna mounts (looks like a hocky puck - https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...pic=7004&hl ) and use it with the disk that attaches to the dashboard?????

I have a Garmin C330 mounted to my handle bar via RAM mount. I have also wired the cradle to the M/C Bus Bar so it is hot when I turn the key on. Never had a proble with it...even through 4hrs of heavy down poor (of course I used a glad baggie and a tie-wrap to keep her dry). Nevertheless, it worked perfectly!

It was originally on my 02 Triumph Sprint ST, but transferred it to the FJR in June. Eventually I'll upgrade to the Zumo550, but until then, I foresee the C330 working flawlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a C330 mounted to my ole feej. I had made a shelf for the dash and mounted it to the shelf. I took the suction cup mount and disassembled it where the triangular piece fit between the two upright pieces. I drilled through the triangular piece (the round hole does not go all the way through) and then used two "L" brackets and bolted all to the shelf.

Whatever you do, DO NOT trust the suction cup on the bike. I tried that. I got lucky and caught the thing as it headed for the ground.

If you get it mounted pretty close to the windscreen, you'll need pretty bad weather to even get the thing wet.

The techmount stuff w/cradle is VERY good. 20k miles w/no problems.

I am partial to the RAM mounts myself.....love the versatlity as well since I have my GPS and drink holder all in one (nice when returning to work from lunch at Taco Bell!)

Then again I use a smaller garmin handheld that may not weigh as much as the C330.

Installed a Techmount stem last night with some difficulty (see separate thread on this) and it looks like the 330 will mount just fine. I do worry a bit about the snap on connection, tho, and I will probably use some sort of extra heavy rubber band or keeper to ensure it does not fly off if I hit a pothole.

I am partial to the RAM mounts myself.....love the versatlity as well since I have my GPS and drink holder all in one (nice when returning to work from lunch at Taco Bell!)Then again I use a smaller garmin handheld that may not weigh as much as the C330.

i would like to see a pic of how you got your cupholder mounted.....please pretty please LOL