Mounting Garmin 2610

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerC....good choice on the 2610. I have the exact GPS on the bike connected to my starcom.

I do have this as the mount.

10998.jpg

The flat top I asked for is specialy made for the Touratech mount

01-065-0066-01.jpg

The touratech model shown about is lockable so you are in good shape not to remove the GPS for quick stops and away from the bike. When I ordered the Techmount, I ordered it specifically to work with the touratech mount.

The touratech has this feature where if you do not have the GPS on the bike, you can "safely" store the cable on a special socket on the touratech so that it will not dangle. Notice the clear plastic on the top right corner. Even though the model shown in the photo is for the 2620 GPS because of the added layer of foam for vibration.

SP2610_MvG.jpg

The whole enchilada is connected to my starcom via a "noise free" cable that I got from Cal Sport Touring. It works great on mine, does not block the idiot lights on the dash either.

Armand

I use the Garmin motorcycle mount and it works perfect for me. Although not as secure as the Touratech mount, I think it is just fine. It also has a locking mechanism to prevent theft if you are away from the bike for a short time. I am not downplaying the Touratech, it is a top of the line mount, I just think it is a bit overkill.