Mounting issues for tollroad crap!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timalan

Reaction score
I want a cool way to mount "pikepass" "easypass" what ever you call it in your state.

toll road driveby transponder thingy.

On the Concours I had a rifle shield and the thing mounted with velcro on the top of the dash right under the shield.

On the '07 FJR??? Where do you put it? I think, right on top my helmet so When I ride the FJR or SV it will work and always be with me.

Ideas?

Haha on your helmet. . . that was funny because I have thought about doing that.

I just put mine in my coat chest pocket and it seems to work fine.

I prefer the mounted miniature shooting clay launcher. You pre-load it with quarters and as you roll past the toll booth you pull the string and "voila" flying quarters into the toll booth. :biggrinsmiley:

I prefer the mounted miniature shooting clay launcher. You pre-load it with quarters and as you roll past the toll booth you pull the string and "voila" flying quarters into the toll booth. :biggrinsmiley:
Sign me up for one of these! Ammo could be expensive but that could come in handy for any number of situations!

On the '07 FJR??? Where do you put it? I think, right on top my helmet so When I ride the FJR or SV it will work and always be with me.Ideas?
I rode with mine on the back side of the windshield during the Iron Butt Rally. About $42 later having gone through PA to Maine and back.....it registered each time nicely and stayed reasonably dry.....or as dry as one can hope for the remnants of a hurricane.

Sign me up for one of these! Ammo could be expensive but that could come in handy for any number of situations!
I'd wind up launching coins/rocks/BBs at inattentive drivers and end up as a greasy smear on the bumper of a road-rager's SUV :unsure:

Haha on your helmet. . . that was funny because I have thought about doing that.
I just put mine in my coat chest pocket and it seems to work fine.
I tried the coat chest pocket. And it "never" works for me. I leave the pocket unzipped now so I can reach in and hold it up. I don't think this is very safe. Yet I am doing it.

I mount mine on the inside of the windscreen down as low as possible. It works fine and is out of the weather and doesn't look too bad there.

I used to take the same transmitter from my car to the bike and back every time and eventually the super duper velcro stuff wore so that one day it dropped off the inside of my windscreen. Luckily there wasn't room for it to drop out onto the ground. It is best to get a dedicated transmitter for each vehicle. In NY it doesn't cost anything to add more transmitters to the same account, and, as said in another thread, you can get a 50% discount on the Thruway if you get a motorcycle dedicated transmitter.

When I picked up mine from the NTTA (North Texas Tollway Authority) the lady told me to carry it in my pocket or keep in in the saddle bags (that's where mine is). She said that if it isn't picked up by the sensor as you go through and the red light comes on showing a violation, a picture is taken of your license tag and compared to the tag # on file. If it matches; no problem and no fine. They just add the toll charge to your account. I've had no problems at all.

Rufus T

There is a handlebar mount for them. I think I saw it at hotleathers.com a couple years ago, can't say how well they work though.

I have mine mounted on the handlebar with Velcro. I usually store the ezpass in the glovebox to deter theft, and attach it to the handlebar when I know i will be riding on the tollway. When i'm done, just rip it off and put it back in the glovebox.

I have mine mounted on the handlebar with Velcro. I usually store the ezpass in the glovebox to deter theft, and attach it to the handlebar when I know i will be riding on the tollway. When i'm done, just rip it off and put it back in the glovebox.
sticky velcro or some kind of strap?

The deal i saw was a plate that had straps that held the pass to the plate for quick release. I just don't like the way it looked.

Those of you mouting to the windshield. Do you just use the sticky velcro On the windshield?

Thanks for the response

Tim

I used Sticky velcro, heavy duty velcro. The fuzzy half went on the pass while the hook half was stuck to my right handlebar.

I did not like how it looked on the Windshield, and it may block some of my forward vision. It does look a little odd to see the strip there w/o the pass, but I can live with that.

The EZpass comes with white strips that look like super duty velcro, but aren't really hook, and loop. They are more like short heavy brush bristles that fit together with enough friction to hold the transmitter. That is what I used.

The only time so far that I have been stopped by police on the FJR (knock on wood) was the day I went through the toll plaza with my sunpass in my tank bag and it did not register. The state trooper was monitoring the toll booths and I was pulled over. I thought it just would not work in the tank bag but it turned out the battery was dead. So the tank bag seems to work as long as your battery is good.

I just put mine in the clear plastic part of the tank bag

Here in PA they tell us to turn of satellite radio a mile before the tollbooth. Something about interference with the transponder signal. I don't know if true but I turn mine off