Mounting the Skyway Hydration System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny80s

Turtle Gears
Reaction score
I just bought a skyway hydration system from a forum member and it does not have any directions for mounting. There is nothing but a picture on the skyway website. Does anyone have the directions to mount it or a few pictures?

Thanks

I kept digging and found this little tidbit that was posted by Skyway.

"The attachment is done by first removing 2 fasteners from the backside of the footpeg and replacing them with the SS set and base plate that I will provide. Once you remove the rubber footgrip portion from the footpeg you will see that there is an area left that has a flat spot, this is what provides the mounting location for my base plate. The actual footpeg does not need to be removed from the bike, only 2 screws. The cast aluminum foot peg does however have a little raised bump at the end of the peg, but I have machined clearance in my base plate to avoid this.

I did find that the factory philips screws supplied by Yamaha are what I would call 'rubber metal' could not easily be removed with messing them up. They have loctite and would require heat to get them out. I simply drilled off the heads and then was able to get the last part of the screw out by hand.

I plan on supplying additional SS hex head fasteners to replace the 'rubber screws', so that future swapping of both base plate and rubber footgrip will be a 2 minute job."

I think we can call this closed. I love google.

I did find that the factory philips screws supplied by Yamaha are what I would call 'rubber metal' could not easily be removed with messing them up. They have loctite and would require heat to get them out. I simply drilled off the heads and then was able to get the last part of the screw out by hand.
I plan on supplying additional SS hex head fasteners to replace the 'rubber screws', so that future swapping of both base plate and rubber footgrip will be a 2 minute job."
Exactly what I did, except I used an impact driver to remove the factory bolts. When I take the footpeg off I screw in the new replacement bolts to the rubber insert so they don't get lost. When I take the hydration setup off I drop the two bolts in the bottom of the sack then put the cooler back in it so those two don't get lost.

Perhaps a bit OCD anal-retentive and overkill, but I bought new pegs just for the kit. So I just swap out the passenger (with rubber) pegs with the kit base pegs when necessary.

wholly schmolly...just get an inexpensive RAM cupholder, pour ya vodka into a glass coke bottle, and put in rubber insert

if ya have to use a straw, just run some plastic tube from the bottle in front to your helmet

geesh, well, glad I'm here to help

3708483364_2db01fa377.jpg

Thanks Skooter. I searched on the following:

skyway hydration system

skyway hydration system mount

skyway hydration system pictures

How to mount skyway hydration system

I did not see the two threads you linked. That's it from now on I'm not gonna search no more. I am just gonna post all my questions here so other people can research them for me. Now I hate google. The love affair is over.

I did a search using the forum software. Only used the word 'hydration', but in the "filter by member name" box I entered 'skyway'.