mp3 mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devanator

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anybody has used a universal mount that would work for a mp3. I DO NOT have an ipod. I have found many that are specific for the ipod, but not for my boys Creative Zen. I saw a Gold Wing rider at the CFO that had a ipod mounted to his bars. But nothing I have found will fit my boys mp3.

I do not want it in my tank bag, I would like to mount it to the handle bars. I did a search but nothing came up. I check ram mount web site and cycle gadgets and I can't seem to find anything that would work. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Am I overlooking something?

devanator/Mike

sorry to bother, after some more searching I found what I was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Creative Zen Vison M and use this:

https://cyclegadgets.com/Products/RAM/ram.asp?prod=RAM-AB2

It works pretty well. I have difficulty adjusting the volume via the touchpad through the flexible membrane that covers the mp3 player. That's an issue with the player rather than the box -- gloved hands without the membrance in the way don't work well either. I run a headphone extension cord with a built in volume control out of the back the control volume and also so I can unplug my earphones without opening the box.

Yeh, after I dug a little deeper into Ram Mounts sight I came up with some stuff specific for the vision M which is what my son's mp3 player is. I plan on getting on too and deleting my xm radio subscription.

devanator

when using my 20gb Archos, i just place it in the tank bag. each play list is so extensive that "randomize" means seldom having to touch it.

when using the 2gb sandisk, i just put it in my front jacket pocket. no play list, just "randomize" the entire contents and never have to touch it.

DM

Nice and clean looking. Anything you can make like that for the Creative Zen. I noticed your is for the apple ipod.

devanator

DM
Nice and clean looking. Anything you can make like that for the Creative Zen. I noticed your is for the apple ipod.

devanator

I don't know how the Zen mounts. The ipod mount is my own design ( except the apple that I "borrowed"). I also had a friend's ipod case which I measured to make this mount for him.

Can you send me some Zen photo's, front, back and perhaps pic's of a Zen belt case.

I'll have to do some digging and find a belt case. Give me a few days and I'll see what I can come up with. I do like the cleanness of everything. I think it would work really nicely.

Bounce does have some good points on using the playlist and shuffle and not having to mess with it in the tank bag. But their is a part of me that would like to have it visible.

give me few days and I'll pm you with what I find and some measurements and such. Thanks for offering too.

devanator