MP3 player and magnetic tank bag - a problem?????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So......got a nice new MP3 player and great earphones for a 4000 mile trip next month. I have the nice YAMAHA tank bag with magnetic base - if the MP3 player gets close to a strong magnet will that screw up the MP3 player? Seems like I've read where you don't want magnetic fields around electronic data storage devices. Anyone ever have a problem with MP# players and magnetic tank bags not mixing?????????????????????

I've used an old SanDisk for several years and many thousands of miles with two different mag mount tank bags. Haven't been able to knock the ones and zeros outta there yet.

--G

My tankbag is magnetic and actually has a special pocket and access holes for an MP3.

I kept my iPod in my magnetic tank bag for a couple years, and it's never had a problem from the magnetic fields. Now the vibrations have about killed it, but not the magnets :glare:

No problems with my Nano and I keep it in the tank bag regularly. Also keep two cell phones, a camera and sometimes the plastic from my wallet in there. No problem with the bag magnets screwing anything up. Take the plunge...live on the edge...throw that MP3 player in there!

So......got a nice new MP3 player and great earphones for a 4000 mile trip next month. I have the nice YAMAHA tank bag with magnetic base - if the MP3 player gets close to a strong magnet will that screw up the MP3 player? Seems like I've read where you don't want magnetic fields around electronic data storage devices. Anyone ever have a problem with MP# players and magnetic tank bags not mixing?????????????????????
There will be no problem. Your music is stored using Flash memory that does not have any reliance on magnetism.

It's only tapes or discs that will be affected (and magnetic strips on credit cards).

So unless you are using a miniature hard drive, don't worry.