Music & Speakers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lambo

Reaction score
Just wondering kind of music set up you have for the FJR? What kind of speakers and are they good enough to hear.

The only speakeers I have found that sound any good at all when moving are the tiny little speakers you stick in your ears:https://tinyurl.com/c9adk2

KM

+1 on the sound isolating (NOT noise canceling) earbuds, different brand preference. I like skullcandy buds. Also have some Shure buds that actually work so well I won't wear them on the bike - keep 'em in my office for when I'm desperate to ignore my coworkers.

Hydra MP3 and ER6I ear buds here. I do use my IPhone for tunes when the weather is good as I dont have any way to water proof it yet. I want a ZUmo and J&M radio but cant afford them yet.....

Hydra MP3 and ER6I ear buds here. I do use my IPhone for tunes when the weather is good as I dont have any way to water proof it yet. I want a ZUmo and J&M radio but cant afford them yet.....
Check out the Pandora app on that iPhone - real cool...and free.

You specify an artist or song, and it will play songs similar in lyrics, instruments, style, etc. You can even mix "stations" for a variety of styles.

I have a Sony AM/FM/CD radio in the R1150RT and only use it when going for a short ride to the grocery store. Once reaching speeds of 45+ mph the external speakers for the radio are useless. Additionally, I always wear hearing protection when traveling at highway speeds which negates the utility of external speakers. My favorite? An i-pod with ER6i's.

I have the J&M 2003 with the speakers in the helmet. Work great.
+1

but when I had another bike (cruiser) that I just wanted to listen to an ipod/mp3, I had these wafer speakers in my helmet as recommended by Motorcycle Consumer News and was very happy with them and big bang for the buck

IMC-HS-200U-WALKMAN HEADSET $35

imc-hs-200_lg.jpg

I bought Tork World X-Pro speakers which are really expensive at $80 but they work well. They sound great at a stop and are good enough even at 90 mph on the interstate, at least in my Shoei RF-1000 helmet. Bass and similar deep notes are removed by the wind when moving quickly, which makes some songs better than others for listening to while riding, and certain notes are distorted due to that reason, but in general it works much better than I expected from a helmet speaker. (These are NOT in-ear speakers.) It is also loud enough that, at a stop, max volume is too loud usually, and I just have it plugged directly into my iPod Nano.

I suspect they'd be perfect with a small amplifier than can boost bass such as this maybe.

When evaluating helmet speakers, note that volume and quality decrease drastically as they move farther from your ears even a little bit, so it's important to try to place them correctly in the helmet. I used velcro tape to hold them on so I can easily move them around in the helmet as needed. Besides making it easy to adjust them so they're positioned OK, I can also move them farther away if they start hurting my ears after a couple of hours from pressing against my earlobe too hard.

Just wondering kind of music set up you have for the FJR? What kind of speakers and are they good enough to hear.
The ONLY way to go!

uniq (ias-xs2) xsound-2 helmet speakers
Thanks for the recommendation, fortunately I accidentally chopped off the end of my previous pair of speakers and was thinking of switching to earphones then after reading peoples comments I purchased a pair of uniq (ias-xs2) xsound-2 helmet speaker , these things rock even without the amp.

Has anyone tried the Helmet Speaker Mobile Amp? If so how does it sound? I'm not looking for that much louder just a bit more of the excellent base response from these speakers.

Has anyone tried to install speakers in the dash panels or on the bars? I like to ride once in a while without a helmet. I looked at a tank bag with an amp and speaker, the "Cranker". I thought it was a little pricey but wondered about adding an amp and speakers to an old tank bag. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: