Muth Blind Spot Signal Mirror

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyrains

Reaction score
I had these on my BMW K1200LT several years ago. Only they were the full size OEM mirror replacement models. I am thinking these would be a good thing on my bike. More visibility from the rear when signaling for a turn plus they function as a blind spot mirror. Plus I might not forget to turn off my turn signals so much. Looks like a pretty easy install.

https://www.kwmuth.com/products/kits/220-0056.htm

wasm%20-%20new%20-%20small.jpg

wasm-new-icon.JPG

wasm-blindspot-new-icon.jpg

wasmkit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Post up some pics if you pull the trigger.

I love the idea, but a 3" circle seems like it would take a big chunk out of the useable mirror.

Hopefully I'm wrong :)

Post up some pics if you pull the trigger. I love the idea, but a 3" circle seems like it would take a big chunk out of the useable mirror.

Hopefully I'm wrong :)

Yeah, could be a big chunk. Perhaps putting it on the lower inside corner where all you can see is your elbow anyway. Yes I will post some pics if I do an install.

where all you can see is your elbow anyway.
Not if you use the FZ-1 mirrors :yahoo: But there you would only get a wide view of your elbows.

I've the 2"diameter convex mirrors on the outer corners of my FZ-1 mirrors (on the FJR) and they work great. I just did a quick measurement with a tape measure not with something 3" in diameter in the same areas and not sure of there would be space.

Spot mirrors eh!?

Check out these spots...

100_1449.jpg

100_1450.jpg

100_1451.jpg

100_1452.jpg

100_1460.jpg

Bananas!

They do have a pad of double back tape on the base, but that is just to keep them turning. The main anchor is a self tapping screw which threads through the center of the base piece into the bottom of the stock mirror housing.

I make them up in the garage and sell them wholesale to vendors. However......

Bananas!