Muzzy 4 into 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary442

Reaction score
Anyone here running a Muzzy 4 into 1 ? Quality, ground clearance and noise...I have a Powercommander...do they include software ? Am looking for something different ..would appreciate any input...thanks

Hi Gary,

There have been several threads recently on the Muzzy system. I am too lazy to find them right now for you, but you might try the search feature.

From what I remember reading, there have been a couple of people who have bought the system and had it touch down while leaned over. Even before the pegs. Not good. Still, there have been other owners who have been happy with the system.

Anyone here running a Muzzy 4 into 1 ? Quality, ground clearance and noise...I have a Power commander...do they include software ? Am looking for something different ..would appreciate any input...thanks
Just put my muzzy (4-2-1) on the weekend....& installed their program on the PC III....but I repacked the aluminum can with Hindle exhaust packing before running it to try and keep the noise down....not sure on pipe clearance (whether it will be an issue) if it is I'll have a new mid pipe fab-ed to solve it....we'll see....probably be another week or so before I do a shake down run (calling for snow @ the end of this week {again})....what might prove to be a difference on clearance is the fact I had GP Suspension massage the front forks internals & bought a new Penske for the rear from them (during the group buy)....(but like I said we'll see)....as for quality...the stainless is nice but the welds are pathetic (speaking from a professional point of view....{CWB & TSSA certified})....very sloppy workmanship.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here running a Muzzy 4 into 1 ? Quality, ground clearance and noise...I have a Power commander...do they include software ? Am looking for something different ..would appreciate any input...thanks
Just put my muzzy (4-2-1) on the weekend....& installed their program on the PC III....but I repacked the aluminum can with Hindle exhaust packing before running it to try and keep the noise down....not sure on pipe clearance (whether it will be an issue) if it is I'll have a new mid pipe fab-ed to solve it....we'll see....probably be another week or so before I do a shake down run (calling for snow @ the end of this week {again})....what might prove to be a difference on clearance is the fact I had GP Suspension massage the front forks internals & bought a new Penske for the rear from them (during the group buy)....(but like I said we'll see)....as for quality...the stainless is nice but the welds are pathetic (speaking from a professional point of view....{CWB & TSSA certified})....very sloppy workmanship.....

I'll be glad to read your future writeup Mike when it stops snowing in August. :p

I put the Muzzy system on my '05 and have been riding for a couple of weeks. I agree with Mike-H's assessment on the welds and the noise, but overall I am happy enough with the system to leave it on. I have a Wilbers suspension and have never scraped a peg so I think I'll be OK with ground clearance.

The positive aspects:

1) Less heat, especially when sitting in traffic.

2) Lighter weight, even though it is only 15 or 20 pounds, I do notice it.

3) Easier access to the rear suspension and wheel because the left can is gone.

Mike, I have been thinking about ordering the 'cone of silence' from Muzzy to keep the noise down. I never heard of Hindle packing. How does it work? Does it create back-pressure? What does it cost and where did you get it? I'll google it now, but I'd like to hear your opinion.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I put the Muzzy Titanium system on last year before WFO and could feel a seat of the pants difference on the first ride. Haven't had a clearence problem yet. The noise isn't an issue for me, I think it sounds good. Saw a FJR go past the house the other day with stock looking exaust and I couldn't even hear it. It just didn't seem right. :boredom:

Read this to add to your decision:

Clicky

Another Clicky

I liked the system performance gain and looks/sound. Maybe w/ a higher performance suspension you will not have the clearance issue I did. I still have not received my refund yet...accounting is "sending" it soon... :glare:

Mike, just installed my Muzzy 4-1 system. Stainless Steel Configuration. When it's time for repacking I was thinking of using Stainless Steel, is the Hindle packing material stainless steel? Also, I did not install a PC111 but went +7 and maintained my O2 sensor.

john

Mike, just installed my Muzzy 4-1 system. Stainless Steel Configuration. When it's time for repacking I was thinking of using Stainless Steel, is the Hindle packing material stainless steel? Also, I did not install a PC111 but went +7 and maintained my O2 sensor.
john

thanks mike

john
You can pick up another 4 HP with a PC3 and Muzzy supplied download over your current combination. I've tried both.

Can anyone send me a copy of the PCIII map for a Muzzy on an 05?
You should be able to download & use any map from 03-05 on the FJR from dyno-jet, I believe T120TT is talking about the map from Muzzy which is under the FJR in the 03 year.....if that helps....

Yeah thanks. I've been to the dynojet site. I don't see any map for the Muzzy pipe under 2003 FJR there. I do see the zero map and a bunch of stuff for Remus and Dale Wallker slip ons. So I'm a little confused. I keep hearing about the Muzzy map, I keep asking dudes here to send me a copy of the Muzzy map, I keep getting stiff-armed to the ground and no Muzzy map. So I have that going for me. Which is nice.

Let me get to my home computer and see what Muzzy sent me when I ordered my system. I think it's just for the 06 but I'll check for you Speedboy. Will be later tonight.

You should be able to download & use any map from 03-05 on the FJR from dyno-jet, I believe T120TT is talking about the map from Muzzy which is under the FJR in the 03 year.....if that helps....
Muzzy sent me their map for my '06. They also have a map for the '05 and earlier. Both maps are designed for use on their full system. If you call them, they will send you the map, although it took me a couple tries to get them to send me the correct one for my '06. They sent me the map for the '05 twice before getting it right. You'll know if they do that because the wrong map won't load. You'll get an error message. Last I checked, the Muzzy map wasn't in the Dynojet library of maps.

Muzzy sent me their map for my '06. They also have a map for the '05 and earlier. Both maps are designed for use on their full system. If you call them, they will send you the map, although it took me a couple tries to get them to send me the correct one for my '06. They sent me the map for the '05 twice before getting it right. You'll know if they do that because the wrong map won't load. You'll get an error message. Last I checked, the Muzzy map wasn't in the Dynojet library of maps.
Just as an aside, I've had no clearance issues with my Muzzy full system but I also have a Penske shock and Traxxion Dynamics front fork set up.