Muzzy Cooling Fan Blade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't ever thought the bike had an issue that would need one, except that long slow climb the rubberneckers' cars on the way up Mount Washington... only because we weren't going fast enough to get any air flow. OEM system is OK by me.

The fan's not going to come on until the ECU tells it to, and when the temp drops to a certain point the ECU turns the fan off. If the bike's moving you'll probably never see the fan run at all. Temperature on the gauge won't change a lick.

The ONLY possible effect of an aftermarket fan would be to drop the temperature slightly faster from the fan-on point to the fan-off point, or if the fan were actually making less airflow, it would increase that time.

Again, the actual temperature would change by not even a tiny little bit.

The Muzzy fan blade(s) are bendable aluminum, unlike the OEM plastic blades that don't stay bent. Among the things on the FJR that can be improved, this is not one.

The picture is a link.

About the only time I would ever consider doing all the work required to change the OEM fan blade(s) would be like the time like when dcarver gained access to his radiator:

MassDamage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These came out when certain Kawasaki models had issues with the stock plastic blades getting so hot they would start to melt. Not a problem with the FJR that I'm aware of.

These came out when certain Kawasaki models had issues with the stock plastic blades getting so hot they would start to melt. Not a problem with the FJR that I'm aware of.
Ding, ding, ding, winner. I had a ZRX1200R with an aftermarket exhaust so I replaced the plastic fan with a Muzyy. The stocker would melt with an aftermarket exhaust because it wasn't double walled like the stock system.

Oh, my bad...A solution to a problem that DOES NOT EXIST ON THE FJR. I didn't mean to yell that...Its just that I'm on my phone, so bolding, color changing, or italicizing are not options.

So is somebody gonna spend money on one of these or not?

Oh, my bad...A solution to a problem that DOES NOT EXIST ON THE FJR. I didn't mean to yell that...Its just that I'm on my phone, so bolding, color changing, or italicizing are not options.

We'll wait on your firsthand report, okay AJ?

(shit, maybe I should take a look at my ZRX fan, seeing how it sits RIGHT next to the Muzzy headers!)

We'll wait on your firsthand report, okay AJ?

(shit, maybe I should take a look at my ZRX fan, seeing how it sits RIGHT next to the Muzzy headers!)

It’s definitely worth the investment on a ZRX with aftermarket exhaust.

Has anyone installed a "Muzzy" electric cooling fan blade? If so, have you noticed any cooling improvement?

So Alex-Gerrit, welcome to the forum...

sounds like the answer to your question is generally "no"

what specific issues or problems are you having causing you to consider said fan?

there is enormous knowlege buried in this mountain... mining it can be tricky. :)