muzzy fan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrman

Reaction score
does anybody have any experience with the muzzy aluminum fans for the fjr? do they just bolt on? any improvement in engine temp? i know this will probably make the heat on me more intense, but i don't care. thanks.

I think this was hashed over awhile back. I don't think it's going to do a thing because the current fan does it's job. Temp gauge hit's 4 bars, fan comes on for a short time, temp gauge goes back down and fan stops. If the fan was constantly running, as in not keeping up, then I think you would benefit from a better fan.

Just my $.02

-jwilly

thanks for the input. i'm planning on changing to a better coolant (water wetter type), putting in a programmer, and adding the new fan. i don't know if mine's a ticker (only 12000 miles), but i figure it won't hurt to upgrade the cooling system when i have some preventive maintence done.

thanks for the input. i'm planning on changing to a better coolant (water wetter type), putting in a programmer, and adding the new fan. i don't know if mine's a ticker (only 12000 miles), but i figure it won't hurt to upgrade the cooling system when i have some preventive maintence done.
By all means make whatever changes you want to your bike, but what you have listed will not affect whether or not your engine will tick. I'd save my money for tires and gas. ;)

thanks skyway. anybody want to trade a power programmer for 50 gallons of gas? :D

hey by the way, skyway, do you make slider kits for 03's? from the sounds of other people, that might be a better investment.

I just scored a fan assy from eBay a while back. My next project will be to install dual fans, run off a relay and a bypass switch so I can turn them on at will.

The way the fan bracket is shaped, it looks like I can just tilt one to one side and mount the other one "mirror image". After a few custom brackets of course.

how far can you tilt them? are you trying to lessen the heat blown on you, or is that the only way they'll fit?