Muzzy Fender Eliminator? Donor needed?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calibretto

Reaction score
So I've been eyeballing fender kits, or attempting to for the FJR and of course, came up short.

Apparently the only fender kit out there is $300 bucks from Europe and I'm not too keen on spending that kinda money on a piece of plastic.

So I messaged Muzzy since they just put out a C14 fender kit and thought, why not the FJR? Well I got a reply back saying they did not have any plans in the forseeable future, and partly because they didn't have an FJR to work with.

So I don't suppose there's any FJR owners out there in Bend, OR or nearby that would be interested in letting them take a gander at you're bike and maybe be interested in having a kit made up?

Just a shot in the dark, but I figured it'd be worth asking as I know a few of us on here have been searching for something decent.

I don't know 100% if Muzzy would commit to it, but if we have a willing test bike, they may think about it more seriously.

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Update:

Muzzy got back to me and apparently stated its too complicated to make so its not going to happen :( [/u]

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've been eyeballing fender kits, or attempting to for the FJR and of course, came up short.
Apparently the only fender kit out there is $300 bucks from Europe and I'm not too keen on spending that kinda money on a piece of plastic.

So I messaged Muzzy since they just put out a C14 fender kit and thought, why not the FJR? Well I got a reply back saying they did not have any plans in the forseeable future, and partly because they didn't have an FJR to work with.

So I don't suppose there's any FJR owners out there in Bend, OR or nearby that would be interested in letting them take a gander at you're bike and maybe be interested in having a kit made up?

Just a shot in the dark, but I figured it'd be worth asking as I know a few of us on here have been searching for something decent.

I don't know 100% if Muzzy would commit to it, but if we have a willing test bike, they may think about it more seriously.
I'll be in Oregon the week of Jun 29 - I'm willing to ride there during the week if no one else can. Call and ask how long they need the bike. If it's over 8hrs, I might not be so willing. Let me know what Muzzy says and PM me for contact details

I'll be in Oregon the week of Jun 29 - I'm willing to ride there during the week if no one else can. Call and ask how long they need the bike. If it's over 8hrs, I might not be so willing. Let me know what Muzzy says and PM me for contact details

Okay I got a message back fro,m Dave Turner, a rep there.

He states that they would need a few days with the bike HOWEVER, [SIZE=12pt]the donor gets a free kit![/SIZE]

So Im not sure if that will work for you but others out there who'd like to try this out, you got nothing to lose and a free tail tidy kit to boot from Muzzy!

That and you help me clean up the one I got so whose going to be our guinea pig for a few days :)

If you still need someone you might want to post this in the Pacific North West section, I know there are guys @ CFR this week till Sunday.

Marcus