My cheapest Farkle evaaaaaa!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08FJR4ME

-WYNPRO-
Reaction score
Well I got to thinken about riding down slabing to EOM. I would realy like some highway pegs. So I remembered I had an old busted broom handle on the shelf in case would be attackers entered my abode. I wonder if this will fit in my motovation sliders. Sure enough it was a perfect snug fit. I couldn't get any luckier. So after a quick fit check and marking where to cut I sawed off a couple of pieces. Beveled the edges and cut a ring just beyond the sliders when pushed in. The ring will act as a breaking point just in case something dastardly happens. At least that's the thought. Took the rattle can (black color) and sprayed the up. Later on after they dried I slid them into the sliders.

The next day I did a fit check and realized some padding would be a nice added feature. So off to Lowes at lunch to get some pipe insulation. When I returned home after surviving 8 hrs in my cubicle it was time to finish them up. I smeared some amazing goop over the broom stick highway pegs and slid the foam padding in place. DONE, let them dry overnite.

bth_100_0787_zps6e2e1691.jpg

bth_100_0789_zpsf1765766.jpg

bth_100_0790_zpsed41e650.jpg

Sorry I didn't bring my image resizer with me. EOM here I come. Cost of farle $.98 Cents plus tax and labor.

Dave

Well I got to thinken about riding down slabing it to EOM. I would really like some highway pegs. So I remembered I had an old busted broom handle on the shelf in case a would be attacker entered my abode. I wonder if this will fit in my motovation sliders. Sure enough it was a perfect snug fit. I couldn't get any luckier. So after a quick fit check and marking where to cut I sawed off a couple of pieces. Beveled the edges and cut a ring just beyond the sliders when pushed in. The ring will act as a breaking point just in case something dastardly happens. At least that's the thought. Took the rattle can (black color) and sprayed them up. Later on, after they dried I slid them into the sliders.

The next day I did a fit check while sitting on the bike and realized some padding would be a nice added feature. So off to Lowes at lunch to get some pipe insulation. When I returned home after surviving 8 hrs in my cubicle it was time to finish them up. I smeared some amazing goop over the broom stick highway pegs and slid the foam padding in place. DONE, let them dry overnite.

bth_100_0787_zps6e2e1691.jpg

bth_100_0789_zpsf1765766.jpg

bth_100_0790_zpsed41e650.jpg

Sorry I didn't bring my image resizer with me. EOM here I come. Cost of farkle $.98 Cents plus tax and labor.

So when I am done slabbing It I will just pull them out and store them in the bag.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Need pics of you on bike using pegs.
tongue.png

I need to look at this EOM thing. It must be a long trip to require highway pegs.

And if you go down , those sticks will probably save your sliders. (and no sparks..)
smile.png

(BTW - after seeing your handy work, I am re-thinking that rambone purchase... lol)

Nice!

Just wondering though...you don't happen to also own a KLR, do you?

(We KLR people have a well-earned reputation for our, uh, thriftiness...)
weirdsmiley.gif

All the best,

Shane

If ya ever decide to the the FJR out camping, you could remove em and stuff a couple hot dogs in there...

Too bad you don't ride a Gen 1. It would even cook them for ya.

Gary

darksider #44

If ya ever decide to the the FJR out camping, you could remove em and stuff a couple hot dogs in there...

Too bad you don't ride a Gen 1. It would even cook them for ya.

Gary

darksider #44

Latest posts