my local dealer cant get pr2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
Went to my local dealer and ask to purchase the pr2 (do not do smoke these tires only done it 2 times and only got 6800 miles out of them , Also the burn outs were not that long so i was kind of upset over it )He call his tire dealer and tells me mic. dont make the tires anymore and says a set of pr2ct would be 270.00 . I try to spend my cash locally to help out. I check michilins web site and they had the pr2 , Called my dealer and told him Mich. has the tires his reply was .If i have to go to mich. to order them it would cost a arm and a leg thanks for trying to help us out but your better off buying them off the net .

Cycle Gear has a Great Sale on the PR2's Right Now! :clapping:
Gunny.

I just had Cycle Gear put a PR2 on the rear yesterday. $180 for the tire. $20 mount. $3 old tire disposal. $15 for a new aluminum right angle valve stem.

Oh, yeah, and about $40 for additional motorcycle stuff I decided I needed while I was there.

And $6 for the 27mm socket...

(maybe I should have had a dealer change it?)

Went to my local dealer and ask to purchase the pr2 (do not do smoke these tires only done it 2 times and only got 6800 miles out of them , Also the burn outs were not that long so i was kind of upset over it )He call his tire dealer and tells me mic. dont make the tires anymore and says a set of pr2ct would be 270.00 . I try to spend my cash locally to help out. I check michilins web site and they had the pr2 , Called my dealer and told him Mich. has the tires his reply was .If i have to go to mich. to order them it would cost a arm and a leg thanks for trying to help us out but your better off buying them off the net .
If you haven't bought a set yet try here............https://www.derbycycles.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I took advantage of that today! My Pilot Road rear was just starting to give hints of an impending steel belt appearance, so I took the wheel off and headed on into the Raleigh Cycle Gear and found PR2's were only $179. Still have a Pilot Road on front, but it's got a ways to go....but wow, what a difference a new rear sneaker makes, lol. Put a quick 250 miles on it this afternoon along the NC/VA border. :D

I need to score some tire changing gear one of these days...

Anyone else think Cycle Gear's in-store glove selection sucks btw?

I can't understand what is going on when people go to derbycycles.net. I just went there, added the tires to the shopping cart and it says shipping via FedEx Ground is "$0.00". How do you come up with the $35.10 NightShine?

There seemed to be a number of people that had problems when in another thread that was started about the deal that they have on the PR2s. I'm not sure what the issues were since I got my PR2s just as expected with the free shipping. Not to mention that I had some issues with payment and they were more than patient. Great price, great customer service.

Gunny.

I just had Cycle Gear put a PR2 on the rear yesterday. $180 for the tire. $20 mount. $3 old tire disposal. $15 for a new aluminum right angle valve stem.

Oh, yeah, and about $40 for additional motorcycle stuff I decided I needed while I was there.

And $6 for the 27mm socket...

(maybe I should have had a dealer change it?)
Damn! I hate when that happens! :huh: I try to blind fold myself when I get the tires at Cycle Gear and go straight to the Dealer for Install! :lol:

Cycle Gear has Waaay too many pretty goodies that make me weak at the knees. :unsure:

order a set from derby $ 235.89 non b , Also was changing the oil and noticed under the shift lever the hex bolt was 2 turns from dropping to the ground , And did the coolant piece of cake takeing off the side panel and a real pain in the ass putting it together .