My new (to me) 09 Raven FJR!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDogRaven

Reaction score
I bought this from a Forum member yesterday. Thanks Dan!!

Here are a few pics:

I am loving this bike. Many, many UPGRADES!!!

Sweet looking cans! What kind ?
Holeshot-Headers and Pipes.

Honestly, this bike sounds nothing like an FJR I have ever heard. These pipes are amazing, as is the suspension upgrades.

Sweet looking cans! What kind ?
They look like 18" round Delkevic's in black.
HOLESHOTS

YES I DID!!!!

Dan (the PO), really did this bike well.

I cant stop staring at it
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! I love my '09, you will too.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it doesn't look like it has the Givi SR357 rack under that huge top case. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-sr357-topcase-rack-fjr1300-06-13

I would strongly recommend replacing the stock rack/grab bars with the 357 rack, or get Gerauld's sub-frame stiffy kit...or do both, like me. The sub-frame you save may be your own.

Congrats on your 2009 - looks sweet :)

Love the black wheels on the FJR as well and the same as my 2003.

That bike should fly over the Altamont with ease. Used to live in Livermore and really miss the warmer weather there.

killer deal on a nicely set up bike You got a killer deal on the best GenII !!

Almost as purty as my Black Raven 09. Black is fastest too but we all know that. But be fore warned, you'll get lot's of comments like, "How do you like your BMW?" LOL

Bill

Congratulations! I love my '09, you will too.
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it doesn't look like it has the Givi SR357 rack under that huge top case. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-sr357-topcase-rack-fjr1300-06-13

I would strongly recommend replacing the stock rack/grab bars with the 357 rack, or get Gerauld's sub-frame stiffy kit...or do both, like me. The sub-frame you save may be your own.

Thanks for all the comments. Yes, it is the Givi SR357 rack. I DO however need to get that support. Im going to get ahold of Gerauld asap for that. I AM worried about that. I am not going to use it until I get that done. I will probably only use it for multi-day rides. Which I plan on MANY. This is the 1st time I have had a top case, not sure how I am going to like it. It sure looks good though.

Congrats on the new ride......what windscreen is that?
I have a 2008 Black with the silver wheels.
Thanks, the screen is a Cee Bailey 2+2 dark.

I was salivating over that listing. Just couldn't do it this time. Well done. ^5
YES, thank you, it sure is a sweet bike.

Almost as purty as my Black Raven 09. Black is fastest too but we all know that. But be fore warned, you'll get lot's of comments like, "How do you like your BMW?" LOLBill

Bill, yes, I have had many of those BMW comment with my 04 as well. Lots of people think these are Beemers. Funny.

Lets see a pic of your 09!

Jeff