My Newest Farkle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timalan

Reaction score
well Purolator PL14610 is different now.

Before

during but sideways. You see where I am going?

finished... Notice the Flat gold and tiny glitter sparkles Or Metallic Paint.

I can't put that on my bike like that!

Switching brands, or buying spray paint.

[SIZE=12pt]Resistance is futile, you shall be assimilated. Hey, I posted that 3 weeks ago and S76 balk about it then! :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

PICT0010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad:

Vandy,

Not a bad look for yours! I will cont. to spray mine black! As I have with the bue!

WW

I'm going back to the stock Yammy filter. Went to buy a new purolator and saw that ugly gold color and put it back on the shelf. Your pictures just confirmed my decision :bad:

that's awful. i'm out going to find all the blue ones i can. and i'm emailing puralator. ewwwwww!

oh yeah, vandy that will totally work for you.

I just changed my oil yesterday. Purolator has 2 colors for the same filter #. The yellow shown above & no longer blue... it is now white. I now have a white oil filter on my bike... which does not look like ass on the '04.

I suppose that it'd look really bad on the new black bike... but on the shades of silver will look fine.

I just changed my oil yesterday. Purolator has 2 colors for the same filter #. The yellow shown above & no longer blue... it is now white. I now have a white oil filter on my bike... which does not look like ass on the '04.
I suppose that it'd look really bad on the new black bike... but on the shades of silver will look fine.
The white ones are their "standard" filter media. The blue (now yellow) ones were the "Pure One" which was purported to be a better filter media. I'm sure the white ones are more than adequate for the relatively short length of time we keep them screwed onto our Feejers. Bonus is they are (quite a bit) cheaper.

If you're going to be painting the filer anyway, the white would be as good a color as any...

Interesting, the filter had the same exact # as the gold filter... just different colored packaging & they had no blue ones... 'cause I had heard that's what color they are.

I really hope that the standard media is fine to use. I went to the Bin o facts for the alternate filters & no mention of a difference.

Interesting, the filter had the same exact # as the gold filter... just different colored packaging & they had no blue ones... 'cause I had heard that's what color they are.
I really hope that the standard media is fine to use. I went to the Bin o facts for the alternate filters & no mention of a difference.
They just add a "P" at the beginning of the filter number to denote it is a "Pure One". So they have an L14610 (standard media) and a PL14610 (Pure One).

The standard media is probably more like the stock OE Yamaha filter. Here's a link with some comparisons:

https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Filters.html#OilFilters

Latest posts