My radio, radar and GPS setup

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROBSMST

Reaction score
When I'm going where I've been.

5197CIMG5837.JPG

When I'm going where this man has not gone before.

5197CIMG5838.JPG

Everything is running through an Amplirider to an Autocom. My GPS Software is TOMTOM and I have a bluetooth GPS receiver that rides around in the glove box along with the flashlight and cig power chargers for ipaq and gps receiver. The Roady II (tried the XT and they (yes 3) rattled out, I like the direct connect of the dated Roady II)), 9500i, autocom and amplirider all are hard wired in and switched to the ignition fuse via and accesafuse.

Voltmeter with all that? Yes, the 9500I comes with one (one of the view modes).

Heated Dual Day Long Saddle on the way.

I see from the second picture that the (I think) GPS is hiding the Tach. Are you ok with that?

The reason I ask is I have my 2610 mounted on a stem mount and sometimes the way it is mounted it is a strain sometimes to see my all idiot lights at once. I may get another different mount before spring.

The reason I ask is I have my 2610 mounted on a stem mount and sometimes the way it is mounted it is a strain sometimes to see my all idiot lights at once. I may get another different mount before spring.
Does it look like this yet? My dash is unobstructed.

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

ahhhhhh

I see.....

I am using the Motorcyle larrys ball mount into the stem and then Ram mount arm with has a locking wheel on the side.Then it attaches up to a tour tech super Mvg that locks. All that is a nice set up but also takes up a lot of space.

i'd be less worries about blocking the tach than i would be about the weather resistance of the pda.

mine (with some missing items labeled so it's easier to imagine where they mount)

shelf02.jpg

Funny you ask about the tach, it does block it and I have played around with the position and can put it where it is not blocked. I have perfect pitch so can pretty much tell you where the RPMs are by the sound of the engine.

But yesterday, I did flip my mount and put it under the radio not over and also in front of the bars not behind (in relation to me the rider) and now the tach is not blocked.

Elements, the Super Large shield takes care of that. Ridden in the rain and unless I stop, it doesn't hit the electronics. Also, the one time it did get wet, the touch screen stopped working (but the screen itself did not). After a soft reset it all worked.

At some point I may get a Zumo but not until it goes out. It was too cheap of a solution, already had the Ipaq which we did not use, bought the Tom Tom Software from a friend who no longer needed it for a six pack and then just needed the GPS receiver which I got on Ebay for $60.

So for 10% of the cost I get 90% of the results. not bad.