My shop manual is disintegrating

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Cash

Reaction score
Pages are starting to fall out of my shop manual. They're not ripping, the binding glue is failing. I went to Kinko's and the guy just went "duhhh, idunno" when I asked if there was anything they could do about it. There doesn't seem to be enough margin to drill it for a 3-ring binder.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheet protectors. One per page, and they will keep the pages clean. They will make for a much thicker FSM tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheet protectors. One per page, and they will keep the pages clean. They will make for a much thicker FSM tho.

Put all the pages back in place. then take a hot Iron, (the same you use on your shirts), and run it along the back of the book. Get the back of the book good and hot. Then let it cool. It will remelt the glue, rebinding the pages.

Put all the pages back in place. then take a hot Iron, (the same you use on your shirts), and run it along the back of the book. Get the back of the book good and hot. Then let it cool. It will remelt the glue, rebinding the pages.
Great idea!