My way bitchin' new handlebars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_henchman

Reaction score
Ok this is the first time using photobucket and posting pics so I hope this works.

Anyway, I posted a question a while ago about wanting some lower bars that can be rotated like Lenkadapters. One guy said somebody had a line on "some home made jobbers". I contacted "Somebody" and all I can say is home made jobbers my ass!

These things are beauties and just what the doctor ordered. You can run the height up to close to stock height or down until the tank gets in the way and you've got lots of room to play with rotation as well as spread.

Installation took about two liesurely hours. Enjoy!

Handlebar.jpg

Handlebars002.jpg

Handlebars009.jpg

Handlebars011.jpg

This one shows how low they are compared to stock:

Handlebars005.jpg

Whaddya know, the windshield actually works now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok this is the first time using photobucket and posting pics so I hope this works.
Anyway, I posted a question a while ago about wanting some lower bars that can be rotated like Lenkadapters. One guy said somebody had a line on "some home made jobbers". I contacted "Somebody" and all I can say is home made jobbers my ass!

These things are beauties and just what the doctor ordered. You can run the height up to close to stock height or down until the tank gets in the way and you've got lots of room to play with rotation as well as spread.

Installation took about two liesurely hours. Enjoy!

https://photobucket.com/albums/h312/pjriss/...t=Handlebar.jpg

https://photobucket.com/albums/h312/pjriss/...ndlebars002.jpg

https://photobucket.com/albums/h312/pjriss/...ndlebars009.jpg

https://photobucket.com/albums/h312/pjriss/...ndlebars011.jpg

This one shows how low they are compared to stock:

https://photobucket.com/albums/h312/pjriss/...ndlebars005.jpg

Whaddya know, the windshield actually works now!
I really like the bars, can you give us the range it can be adjusted..i.e. pullback, rise etc

I really like the bars, can you give us the range it can be adjusted..i.e. pullback, rise etc
I really didn't spend much time researching all the possibilities, sorry. I pretty much just found my "sweet spot" and finished up. There's probably 1.5 - 2" of height adjustment with full up being about .5" lower than stock. Pull back tightens up as you go down and I'd be totally guessing if I gave any numbers. It's significant but not ridiculous. How's that for a scientific answer? :)

I should probably add that these were made by a machinist working on the side. They're totally custom, and not available off the shelf or via a website. IMHO they're worth every penny and worth waiting for.

Can you tell us who the "somebody" is you got these from
I have to thank Ramblin Man for setting me up with the Manufacturer. The guy who made these is Scott Mason: [email protected]

I'll let Scott do all the talking about price. I will say that I was prepared to buy Lenkadapters and/or a new upper triple tree handle bar set up from Spiegler and these were a great deal compared to that, all things considered.

Five hours in the saddle today and I couldn't be happier with these. It might defy logic but all hand pain and numbness is gone. I think it's the aprox. 6" increased spread. They're also rotated significantly foreward, sorry I have no idea how much but I'm very comfortably streached out now. My arms aren't "tucked" any more. I'm kind of a big guy and I think being in that semi tuck was cutting circulation off just enough to cause problems. And the added leverage makes a less than perfect road a LOT easier to navigate. All around much more comfortable. I'll never go back and I tried a couple of different risers in the past with no luck. All they did was put me up further into the windstream. Ok I'm done bragging. NOT! I love these things :D

This looks like a dead thread. Any current source for Gen 2 bar lowering kit?

Clip-ons or tubular bar conversion, I don't care.

Adjustable would be nice, but fixed-position would be fine too.

Just need the bars lower and further away.

Your can get the bars to rotate further forward if you remove the locating pins. If you remove the bar and flip it over, you'll see a small pin that can be pulled with vice-grips or simply cut off. Then you can change the angle of the bars. This won't get them any lower though.

I just wanna say I love that you said "way bitchin'." Did we invent that out here on the Left Coast? I used to say it all the time in college, or was it high school? Or was that even me that used to say it? F**k. 50's a bitch.

This is a very old thread- but I just found it last month. The guy (Scott) who made them did so in his spare time, and is currently very busy, but if you drop him a line and let him know there's interest, he may get with it again.

Also note his product was for Gen I bikes, so some re-engineering may be necessary for you Gen II types.

Meanwhile, he's got my name; I've been wanting lower bars since the bike came out... don't know how I missed this the first time around (oh yeah... life happened).