My ZX-14 Ninja with Bling Plus

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
Brand new delivered on Saturday. On the bike by 3pm today.

Definitely louder. I'm going to order the silencing baffles.

But it's sssss SCHWEEEEEETT sounding!

Pics first!

ZX14ScorpionPipes3-4-2008019.jpg

ZX14ScorpionPipes3-4-2008020.jpg

NOTE: Clicky on the picture for sound!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephen,

Very nice! I almost bought a 14 when I was shopping for my Zx10R. Sweet ride Bro!

Be safe on that MONSTER!!

WW

Thanks WW!

The bike is soooooooooo much fun to ride. It flat gets on it. With the longer wheel base (about 5.5" extended) and lowered, it takes a bit more pressure on the bars to turn, but I'll suffer with it. :yahoo:

Next bling.... chrome wheels! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :assassin: :assassin: :assassin:

I'm just curious why you felt the need to extend the swingarm?

You drag racing that beast?

Scorpions look nice, but I prefer the stock muffler.

I kid, I kid..... :p

You really gonna put baffles in those pipes? Unless the vid just didn't do it justice, I thought it sounded perfect. Not too loud but just loud enough to hear in the wind. Nice Bike!!

Well, I won't be getting any baffles for a while. There not available from Scorpion.

I guess I could track down a db killer that would fit.

Not that important.

But there is a HUGE different in the stock vs. the Scorpions!

Tomorrow I go on a 500 mile jaunt. We'll see how my ears do.

Well, I won't be getting any baffles for a while. There not available from Scorpion.
I guess I could track down a db killer that would fit.

Not that important.

But there is a HUGE different in the stock vs. the Scorpions!

Tomorrow I go on a 500 mile jaunt. We'll see how my ears do.

Very fugly! You should give it to me.

Seriously, those bikes ROCK!! Any more silver ones at the dealers in you're area? What are they selling for?

Looking good, Stephen! When ya gonna chrome the tank... the fairing... the windscreen (wait... got that one covered ;) )

Something like this!

chromer1.jpg

Hey, Jimmy. My dealer (Monroe Motorsports) has one in the showroom. Aaron & Nathan are super people. I've known the whole family and them since they were just out of diapers.

I think I got about $1k off.

Jason, still more to come! Chrome wheels, bits here & there. :blink:

Here's a teaser pic. Jon (BMW) and I ride over 500 miles on Friday (Highway 2 - Highway 20 Loop with extras.

big_loop.jpg

LoopTrip5-9-2008005.jpg

Congratulations Stephen :yahoo: . The 08 looks great. I have a 05 with a 4/1 Brock Davidson pipe and it isn't that loud at highway speeds. Let us know what you think after the trip.

sweet Stephen. How does the bike look now with the bags mounted? - the scorpion pipes look way better than stock!

very nice mod. Please post us all a ride report and let us know how they affect/improve performance, Do you have a Power Commander on that beast?

cheers - Bull

What's your gas mileage on that beast? I'm getting 44 mpg around here on the FJR and get 48-50+ in the mountains.

[SIZE=8pt]How does the bike look now with the bags mounted? - the scorpion pipes look way better than stock![/SIZE]

Please post us all a ride report and let us know how they affect/improve performance, Do you have a Power Commander on that beast?

Bull, everyone seems to really like the Scorpions sound. I'm used to the quieter stock pipes so it might take a bit for me to decide one way or the other. Performance-wise, I don't really know if they do anything or not, however, the engine surely breathes much better. I do not have a PC because the Scorpion slip-ons don't require any fuel fix-its. I get a burble once in a while. If I decide to pull the secondary flies and go with a racier type air filter, then I probably will go with a PC.

[SIZE=8pt]What's your gas mileage on that beast? I'm getting 44 mpg around here on the FJR and get 48-50+ in the mountains.[/SIZE]

Ed, I get anywhere for 35-45 mpg. It all depends on 1) in town 2) on the highway 3) right wrist

I should keep better track, but the bike is too much fun to worry about it much.

I just put a slightly wider tire on the back (200 vs 190). My Race Railz frame sliders will be here soon. They've been backordered for 4 months.

For side bags, I bought one of these:

SSC-140.jpg

and for short trips, one of these:

tailbag_s.jpg

Does the Axio come in other colors, I have a pearl blue ZX-14, and where did you get your luggage from?
Yes, it does... in fact I had to order the blue because silver was backordered.

Newenough.com. Ask for Nate.

One thing Nate made me aware of. The tailbags aren't really that big. I don't need a huge thing, plus I want to see how it fits on my FJR.