Name of that tank bag w/ gps mount?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredder

Reaction score
Ya know, I can't find the bookmark of the tank bag I was going to replace my Ocelot of 9 years with.....

I saw it here and it is mounted above the fuel filler neck (kinda levatated off the paint on a bracket) on a bracket for quick on / off. Also, the bag was able to be powered and an accessory mount option to mount a GPS to the front of the bag existed. Any help / brand names to get me straight? I think it was kinda pricey also.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe the one you are thinking of is from SW-Motech and/or Bags-Connection available from TwistedThrottle
https://www.bags-connection.com/produktwahl.php

https://www.mo-tech.de/produkt/?produkt_id=636

I have the Engage with the gps mount. I really like the setup. Mine is the powered tank ring. I bought the gadget mount, but ended up making my own mount that uses the same 'pockets'. Shredder, if you are interested in it (the gadget mount) then I will let it go cheap. Nothing wrong with it, I just needed a different configuration.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Twisted Throttle/Bags Connection that I got looks like this (with navi mount from them + optional map holder)

2580551315_4ebccbfa71.jpg

doesn't touch the tank. Except for the expandable zipper bit. Which I duct taped onto the bag.

I've got a bigger bag that I've not used yet. Only put it on this bike so far.

The minus as far as using this particular gadget mount is that the zumo requires the mount and it is really a PITA to move it off this mount and put back on a ram mount (for example). So I ended up getting another mount for FJR duty.

I tried the ram ball mounts with the gadget mount, but it made it really front heavy (for the MV) and super long. kinda funny looking. But it might work with different setups. The bit on the bottom of the tank bag you set yourself, so it can be as far forward or back as you need (or your bike allows.... the MV has it all the way in the back of the bag to keep the bag forward, so having all the weight up front with ram ball mounts didn't work so well).

THANKS TO ALL!!!

The SW-Motek Engage is the one. I love my Ocelot but after nearly a decade it's time to part ways (But I'll still keep er around). That Engage looks very useful and I like how the GPS is attached to the bag for when you leave the bike in the parking lot or gas station at a fill up. Always hated leaving the GPS attached to the bike when I left it. Thanks again!

A friend pointed me to RKA in-charge communications bag because it has built in power management and mounting points. They are expensive but an interesting option.

https://www.rka-luggage.com/A02%20Tankbags/...ld%20Sheet.html

From their site:

These bags are ready for you to assemble your own communications system or devices into the "IN-Charge tankbag.ALL IN-Charge Series tankbags come with:

48" power lead, SAE to SAE power cable, Rammount 202 base and and 201 standard arm installed,

Portals front and rear on the left side of the bag, Control box to store all your cables and cords, tankbag attachment system and raincover,