National Cycle windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone?
National Cycle VStream Replacement Windshield for the '01-'05 FJR
I have one that is my preferred winter shield for my Superior 2007 FJR. Because you have an old Gen I FJR, you can't make any windshield comparisions with those of us that have gen II (2006 and newer) bikes. You should ask Radio Howie or Reno John what they use on their technologically inferior Gen I FJR's. :)

Anyone?
National Cycle VStream Replacement Windshield for the '01-'05 FJR
I have one that is my preferred winter shield for my Superior 2007 FJR. Because you have an old Gen I FJR, you can't make any windshield comparisions with those of us that have gen II (2006 and newer) bikes. You should ask Radio Howie or Reno John what they use on their technologically inferior Gen I FJR's. :)
:glare: :blink: :rolleyes: :yahoo:

We all were at one time.

I bought a Vstream for my '05 (1st gen). At first I thought I liked it.

Soon I realized that it was just too damn big.

I now run a stock shield on Rifle tuning block during summer, some mid sized shields during spring & fall and a big Rifle Touring (still not as huge as the Vstream) in wintry temp months.

But windshields are about the 2nd most personally subjective modification one can make (seats being #1).

Good luck in your quest

Last edited by a moderator:
We all were at one time.

I bought a Vstream for my '05 (1st gen). At first I thought I liked it.

Soon I realized that it was just too damn big.

I now run a stock shield on Rifle tuning block during summer, some mid sized shields during spring & fall and a big Rifle Touring (still not as huge as the Vstream) in wintry temp months.

But windshields are about the 2nd most personally subjective modification one can make (seats being #1).

Good luck in your quest
Okay, since we're on the subject. I was just at the Yamashop and was surprised at the price of the little plastic screw for the windsheild. I twisted the head off one when I installed my tunning block. They said some folks change to stainless. Is the shear off safety factor a myth or are the stainless ones safe to use?

Thanks,

Is it a myth? Probably not.

Is it a risk you are (or are not) willing to take? That depends entirely on you.

I have some (black) stainless screws in mine that I had leftover from a Murph's Kit upgrade on my old Connie.

My justification (rationalization?) is that I switch shields far more than the average bear. Plastic screws would be a PITA. Yeah, I could buy a box of 100 and have them sitting around for the eventual failure. But I also believe that the rubber well nuts would release the windshield in the event of a crash, however I am unwilling to crash mine just to test the theory.

Last edited by a moderator: