Need a half cover for work.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingz06

Reaction score
any ideas on where to look. something that keeps the top covered, but allows for heat to escape.

Thanks guys!

You could try a Nelson Rigg UV-2000, XL size if you have a top box. You could also look at a nice stretchy cover from Laminar Lip, called the Quick Cover. Real nice, covers the seat and windshield, doesn't cover the tupperware.

I've got one of These <clicky>.

Ride over to Columbus and grab one at the Iron Pony. Let me know when you're coming and we can grab a bite to eat and talk about Yzerman19's avatar and how it looks nothing like him.

You could try a Nelson Rigg UV-2000, XL size if you have a top box. You could also look at a nice stretchy cover from Laminar Lip, called the Quick Cover. Real nice, covers the seat and windshield, doesn't cover the tupperware.

+1 on the Nelson Rigg. I use it when traveling. It hides all of the electronics and keeps the seat dry from rain or morning dew. And it packs small and light. I have a Givi top on. The XL covers the top box and windscreen, goes over my auxilliary lights and all of the nose except the front wheel and comes about half way down over the side bags. It does not trap in the heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the Nelson Rig size XL!

Quick on off, covers top half +, and keeps the key parts out of the sun! Small enough to take along.

+1 on the Nelson Rig size XL!Quick on off, covers top half +, and keeps the key parts out of the sun! Small enough to take along.

Redtail, do you have a top box? I do not. so do I order the large instead?

+1 on the Nelson Rig size XL!Quick on off, covers top half +, and keeps the key parts out of the sun! Small enough to take along.

Redtail, do you have a top box? I do not. so do I order the large instead?
no top box for me, just a Garauld rack with a tail bag. This is how it looks on the bike. Might get away with a large with no top box and no cases. I want the option to cover up on trips!

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

+1 on the Nelson Rig XL. With bags and Garauld back rest both on the bike the cover will cover almost all of the bags. Packs down nice and tight when not in use.

Geza gear is the best I have found. PRICEY but bad ass and packs small. Custom fit. Like a glove.

I've got one of These <clicky>.
Ride over to Columbus and grab one at the Iron Pony. Let me know when you're coming and we can grab a bite to eat and talk about Yzerman19's avatar and how it looks nothing like him.
what size did you order? rear top case on yours or not?
I have a Givi top case. I had a Large cover and it fit 'snug' once I added the Vstream shield. After I put the FF50's on, the large was really tight. I had an XL laying around that I used for the Harley and I tried that one on the FJR, and it's a much better fit.