Need a Trailer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRYP

Reaction score
I'll be retiring in the not-too-distant future and plan on moving out to the Northwest. Has anyone seen or heard of a light-weight trailer that can carry my '05 behind a compact car (Dodge Neon)? Thanks for any info.

Best regards,

TRYP

Watch the Chicago Craig's List ads.

Cheap, but needs some tires/fenders - $150

Much nicer, needs nothing - $500

Roll your own on any trailer - $85

High end fold up single bike - $900

There are more, but that's just a current sample of what's on CL in Chicago today. Just select the motorcycles link in the For Sale section and do a search for trailers to quickly see what's there.

I have a two bike Kendon trailer and it is a fantastic trailer! Been from Wisconsin to Deals Gap four times, once with a GL1800 & my VFR and I've never had a problem. Solid, fine quality and pulls like a dream. Costs a few bucks more than Chinese but worth every penny. Find a used one and you are all set.

Watch the Chicago Craig's List ads.
Cheap, but needs some tires/fenders - $150

Much nicer, needs nothing - $500

Roll your own on any trailer - $85

High end fold up single bike - $900

There are more, but that's just a current sample of what's on CL in Chicago today. Just select the motorcycles link in the For Sale section and do a search for trailers to quickly see what's there.
Here is a quicker way to search CL. I have it set up for a 400 mile radius from 60601 (Chicago), Kendon trailers, but you can modify it to search for anything, from anywhere. It also brings up the eBay ads:

Search Tempest

I have a single Kendon, just purchased a couple of months ago. Bought new, as most of the folks around Austin wanted almost new price for their used trailer. Will be using it to pull the Feejer up to Minnesota at the end of the month, and looking forward to it! :yahoo:

I think the feejer may do a better job pulling the neon!

Another cheap way is to purchase the harbor freight trailer kit and wheel chock.

For something really light that won't need much space when you get there, look at "Trailer-In-A-Bag", "BikeLug" and "Port-A-Chopper". These all assemble/disassemble in minutes and will fit in the trunk of a car (maybe not your Neon!). Some have optional suspension, wheel chocks, floor boards, and larger-size wheels. They all seem kinda pricey to me but I've been tempted just because of the storage issues. Sorry I don't have websites handy, but Google will find them for you.

Have a safe trip!

pete