Need Advice: FJR Owners & Advertising

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anecdotally, I bet the best advertising V-Stream got with "our" crowd was by a member initiating a 'try it and pass it along' plan. I'm guessing that almost everyone who tried it and passed it along ultimately purchased one. I am loving mine. In other words, could you use one of your stock items in a similar way or is the install too much of a hassle?

Secondarily, Shawn King is spot on - good product reviews carry much more persuasive weight than a quarter page ad. I'd spend your energy there.

Not sure what you are asking...all except one of our initial testers bought the test units... Install is chimp easy... Takes all of 5 minutes.

as for product reviews... I agree 100% but it's NOT as easy as one might think... Not every magazine keeps an FJR13 of the correct year in their shop.. Even if you offer a product as a freebie it might take (and usually does) months before A. a bike is available and B. Someone from the staff who has the time to test it.. We've done this before with lots of our products... In the end it always pays off but it generally takes 4-6 months to see the article/review in print..

That IS a great idea.. if I can find a magazine that is willing..

In other words, could you use one of your stock items in a similar way or is the install too much of a hassle?
Secondarily, Shawn King is spot on - good product reviews carry much more persuasive weight than a quarter page ad. I'd spend your energy there.

How about contacting www.webbikeworld.com to see if they'd be interested in doing a review of your product?

I have spent many fruitful and happy hours looking around on their site, and find that their recommendations are usually right on. One of the reviews of the FJR 1300 that caught my eye is on their site - a 2006 as I recall.

I think their site gets quite a few hits, so might get you some good exposure.

Good luck! As a former small business owner, I know how difficult it can be to carve out a presence through the use of expensive advertising dollars.

Don

Motorcycle Consumer News is my favourite magazine because of NO ADVERT's, BUT they do a great 'new product' review on the back page each month. Might be worth a try too.

Well Jerry, I think you are advertising your rest here. With or without a link.

I am Biased against you though, Since I sent you payment on a Barber track day you had for sale in Sept on the STT board and then you backed out. but at least you refunded my Paypal.

Small world.

Just my .03

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that aspect is unavoidable... and I hope the members here understand..

as for those track days...Lets set the record straight so people don't think I'm an a-hole. You neglected to mention to our fellow posters that I explained to you that I had given my word to someone else before you that if they came up with the $.. they could have the days. Obviously.. he did. Just because you were flashing $$ in my face doesn't mean I could break my word with the other guy.. even for double the price. We should all strive to keep our word in todays unstable world..
I'm sure you would agree.
Well Jerry, I think you are advertising your rest here. With or without a link.

I am Biased against you though, Since I sent you payment on a Barber track day you had for sale in Sept on the STT board and then you backed out. but at least you refunded my Paypal.

Small world.

Just my .03

This thread and member didn't come up on my radar until recently. Upon closer examination....they were engaged in commercial activity (regardless of their claims) without permission according to the forum terms and have been halted. Not cool.

If or when they actually buy an FJR they can return as a regular forum member. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts