Need info on the Yamaha top case backrest pad

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ350

Reaction score
I trying to find out how the factory backrest pad attaches. From inside the topcase, I see four access plugs so I'm assuming four bolts through the front of the lid holds it on. If so, does anyone have the template or bolt pattern?

Also, if someone has a cheap factory topcase pad to sell, I would be interested in buying it to use it as the template (any condition is fine).

Why do I want this?

I bought the Yamaha factory topcase but not the backrest pad and found out it looks a bit "incomplete" without it because of the indentation in the top of the lid. I never have a passenger as my wife has four bikes of her own, so I really don't need the pad and have found a nice little bag that looks like a pad but will allow me to store a few things. I'm flexible on the mounting bolt location for the new bag so I prefer they match the Yamaha backrest pad in case I ever mount that one someday.

Thanks in advance.

The 4 indentations inside the lid of the trunk are for 4 screws that go directly into the backrest pad.

I don't have a template.

The factory backrest pad comes with a drill guide which fits the large knockout hole inside the box and properly positions the drill for the hole in the outter shell. It is drilled from the inside in this manner to prevent damage to the paint from a template or tools.