Need Keys for GIVI

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
I recently purchase from a forum member a Givi v46 Very Nice.

Somehow over the last couple of weeks while I was waiting for my mounting bracket I managed to loose the keys. Any ideas?

:( , Stat looking for a red key :blink:

not in your side cases, tank bag, ol wife better half didn't move them for you, mine does that all the time.

seems I clutter the place up so she piles everything in one place.

or you put them someplace so you wouldn't lose them, glove box console of car.

tool box

maybe you could contact givi and see if they have a way to provide a key, otherwise i guess you could call AAA, pop a lock etc. :lol:

BTW sorry that you are having trouble locating those keys, did you get 1 or 2, first thing I did was seperate them.

I recently purchase from a forum member a Givi v46 Very Nice.Somehow over the last couple of weeks while I was waiting for my mounting bracket I managed to loose the keys. Any ideas?

They were in a white envolope taped to the luggage rack....any ideas what happend to the envolope?

I bought my Givi E360 from a local BMW dealer several years ago. They had Givi key blanks (be aware there are several types of Givi key blanks). I was able to have some duplicates made at a local locksmith. Perhaps a locksmith could take a new blank & make you a key to match your case. Best of luck.

Mike, there is a good locksmith on Bayless, just off I-55 to the east. I would be happy to loan you one of my keys so the locksmith could see if he had a blank. Call me if I can help.... Smitty

I did for sure recieve the keys but put them somewhere so I wouldnt looose and now dont know were I put them. I called RL motorsports and they are selling me a new cylinder with two new keys for about twelve dollars including shipping. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like good news & a good price.

You will have to post how you get the lock cylinder out without the proper key in case it happens to one of us someday.

I'm curious myself

That sounds like it is less than you would have to pay a locksmith to custom make a key to fit your cylinder. You'll probaly have to drill the old cylinder out and carefully remove it in pieces in order to get it out without damaging the bag.

Ok update all is going well. I took trunk to locksmith and he opened it for $10.00. I called R&L back to order the cylinder and Got Great Service. They were extreamly helpfull and werre even going to take to cylinder to the post office so it would go out same day. This for a twelve dollar cylinder and I didnt even buy the Givi from them.

I got the trunk from locksmith and noticed something nice about Givi. The lock that is now unlocked is not the latch like on the factory trunk and sidecases. i can use the Givi but just cant lock it. Good Idea!!!!