Need LARGE pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameswilson

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone recommend pants that might will fit 48" waist 34" inseam. I am looking for overpants to go over dress slacks or jeans. Would like knee and hip armour.

I have tried the internet, and searching here and am buried by the number of manufactures, but few or none seem to offer 48" waist.

I have found references here to motoport. Is that still a good choice?

I really hate to spend $200+ on a mail order and find that I got junk.

Thanks for any help

Jim

Check out leatherup.com ---

--hc

Hi,
Can anyone recommend pants that might will fit 48" waist 34" inseam. I am looking for overpants to go over dress slacks or jeans. Would like knee and hip armour.

I have tried the internet, and searching here and am buried by the number of manufactures, but few or none seem to offer 48" waist.

I have found references here to motoport. Is that still a good choice?

Thanks for any help

Jim

Tour Master (and probably others) make their pants in tall and short, as well as regular sizes, although many of the online vendors don't include those in their size lists. I have the Tour Master Venture Air overpants in a 40-something (*ahem*) short, so I can close the zipper and not trip over the legs. (Sound familiar?)

I can't answer to the availability of a 48, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thanks, I have looked at tourmaster, (I like my jacket) and according to the local dealer and the internet size charts they only go to a 44 waist.

First gear only goes to 42 waist in tall sizes or 48 in regular length. (can not be tall and fat)

Anyone have experiance with Motoport? Are they worth $300+?

Thanks

jim

Anyone have experiance with Motoport? Are they worth $300+?
Absolutely. Top quality for the high price. I have the Kevlar Mesh jacket and pants. I bought the liners too, which I recommend skipping, as you can wear anything under them for warmth, rain, etc. and spend less.

That fabric is incredibly tough, but comfortable to wear, allows decent air flow (it would be better without the removable padding, but better to tough out the heat, IMO). When worn over shorts, or even just underwear, they're still much cooler than jeans--even the black ones like mine. They're what I was wearing when I went skipping over broken granite in Montana last year while wrecking my first FJR. Deep gouges in my helmet, hands took a beating, and the total damage to the gear was: it got dirty. Check out the Motorport/Cycleport website, specifically the save-your-hide guide.

As to fit, you measure yourself according to their detailed instructions. It will fit.

+1 on the Motoport. they build the pants (jacket, whatever) to your measurements, so the fitting is usually pretty good. I have the pants and jacket (both Ultra mesh kevlar) and they work great.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the Motoport. they build the pants (jacket, whatever) to your measurements, so the fitting is usually pretty good. I have the pants and jacket (both Ultra mesh kevlar) and they work great.
When I talked to them they wanted a substantial fee to resize. I chose not to pay a fee for my size.

Motoport is my recommendation. I originally had the kevlar air mesh touring jacket and pants, which i ended up selling due to their bulkiness. I am currently waiting for the same thing to be made by motoport out of the more supple cordura 1000.

Have you given the crew at Aerostitch a call? Looks like they stop at a 46 waist, but you never know...

I have a pair of AD1's that I really like so far...

Motoport is not junk... but keep in mind, you'll be paying WAY more than $200.00 for a pair of their pants unless something has changed since I last looked at their stuff.

I have the same problem, I have a pair of pants that fits my gut but is so long the knee pucks keep falling into my boots.

Apparently my waist size makes the clothing designer envision Yao Ming rather than Fat Bastard!

Well at least I get to buy my Summo Wrestlers loincloths from the boys department.